JRL News Archive
The following list is an archive of news related to the Journalism Program:
- Tues 11/25/2014 Professor Nancy Roberts publishes her keynote address about literary journalism scholarship: Nancy L. Roberts, “Firing the Canon: The Historical Search for Literary Journalism’s Missing Links,” Keynote address, International Association for Literary Journalism Studies, Toronto, Canada, May 2012, Literary Journalism Studies, vol. 4, no. 2 (Fall 2012), pp. 81-94. Click here. And here is the response: John Tulloch, “Kicking the Canon in the Breeches,” Literary Journalism Studies, vol. 4, no. 2 (Fall 2012), pp.95-99.
- Wed 4/9/2014 Professor Thomas Bass has an article published in the Daily Beast. The Daily Beast
- Wed 1/8/2014 Former Journalism Program Editor-In-Residence and beloved teacher Don Forst passes away at 81. Times Union | NY Times | Fox News
- Thu 11/21/2013 Thomas Bass publishes op-ed in The Washington Post
- Wed 10/9/2013 Celebrate the 40th anniversary of UAlbany's Journalism program on Wednesday, October 10th with prize-winning author William Kennedy
- Sat 6/22/2013 Journalism prof Thomas Bass publishes an article in The Atlantic on politics and religion in Tunisia
- Mon 3/14/2013 Journalism Program student Eric Krupke posts an audio report from Rosemary Armao's broadcast class.
- Thu 2/14/2013 Journalism Program student Christopher Kear has article published inTimes Union.
- Fri 2/1/2013 Journalism Program graduate Wenwen Ren screens her 40-minute documentary, "500 Kilometers to Summer," about migrant workers' children in China, at the NYU News and Documentary film festival on February 9, 2013
- Thu 11/15/2012 UAlbany Journalism alum Erin Pihlaja, a writer for Metroland, talks about careers in Journalism
- Fri 11/9/2012 Journalism prof Steve Barnes talks about lap dances, art on The Colbert Report
- Wed 11/7/2012 UAlbany, Tunisia partner in Journalism program
- Mon 9/10/2012 Oprah describes Professor Laney Salisbury as having written "one of this summer's best books."
- Mon 9/10/2012 In May, Nancy Roberts gave the keynote address in Toronto at theInternational Association for Literary Journalism Studies. In March, she moderated a panel at the Joint Journalism and Communication Historians annual meeting in New York City. Since Fall 2011, she has been the book review editor for Literary Journalism Studies.
- Mon 9/10/2012 Thomas Bass writes for The Huffington Post and Tablet.
- Mon 9/10/2012 Emeritus professor William Rainbolt makes a movie on mummies.
- Thu 11/3/2011
Rosemary Armao wins international investigative reporting award
- Tue 9/6/2011
Rosemary Armao blogs for the Albany TU and co-hosts "The Media Project" at WAMC
- Wed 6/15/2011
UAlbany JRL student anchors news for major New York TV channel
- Wed 6/8/2011
Graduation Ceremony 2011
- Tue 9/21/2010
Rosemary Armao to be featured speaker at news conference in Washington DC
- Fri 7/30/2010
Rosemary Armao writes groundbreaking report for NED
- Sat 7/10/2010
JRL students make news
- Wed 5/26/2010
Rosemary Armao profiles Don Forst for the TU
- Thu 5/13/2010
Jon Campbell, '10, talks about the ASP
- Mon 5/10/2010
Rosemary Armao appears on The Media Project (WAMC)
- Wed 5/5/2010
2010 Journalism Program award winners
- Fri 4/30/2010
35th anniversary of the end of the Vietnam War
- Tue 4/13/2010
Q & A with author Ryan Smithson
- JRL student Samantha Irvin profiled on UAlbany website
- Fri 3/26/2010
- Tue 3/9/2010
Chancellor Zimpher speaks to AJRL 499 Senior Honors Project in Journalism Students
- Thu 1/21/2010
Cristina Rodriguez-Ruiz covers student life for the Times Union
- Fri 12/4/2009
Jayson Blair speaks to UAlbany JRL students
- Ethics and Excellence in Journalism