All academic and adminstrative departments have a Technology Coordinator who serves as the first point of contact for many of their desktop support needs. While most colleges, schools and centers have their own staff, ITS serves as the Technology Coordinator for all campus administrative divisions and some colleges and schools.
ITS Desktop Services provides support and initial triage for university-owned computing hardware, software, and services for the divisions and departments they are assigned. Standard service offerings include:
- General troubleshooting of desktop computer equipment
- Installation and configuration of supported computers and software running Windows or Mac OS X
- Customer assistance in proper usage and maintenance of computer equipment
- Virus and computer compomise intervention and recovery
- Consultations and recommendations for purchase of new computer equipment
ITS has Service Level Agreements with each division or department they support which outlines the terms of service provided.
ITS Desktop Services are available Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Service hours may be different for areas with their own technology coordinators.
There is no charge for this service