Student Involvement & Leadership Graduate Assistantships
Student Involvement and Leadership Graduate Assistantship - Programming 2014-15
The Office of Student Involvement and Leadership is seeking two Campus Programming Board Graduate Assistants. The Graduate Assistantship is a 20 hour per week position charged with supporting student success by aiding in the facilitation, management, and marketing of programming for students at the University at Albany. This position will serve as a graduate advisor to the Campus Programming Board, a student-run programming group on campus. The Graduate Assistant will aid in monitoring program budgets and supervising undergraduate Program Assistants, while providing direction for the planning and promotion of program activities on campus. The Graduate Assistant will report to the Associate Director for Programming for Student Involvement and Leadership.
The Graduate Assistant will work as part of the Student Involvement team and are expected to support other major functions of the Student Involvement and Leadership mission as assigned. Additionally, staff members are expected to exercise a high degree of responsibility and independent judgment. Ideal applicants are self-starters who work in a highly organized fashion, exercise strong attention to detail, can work in a fast-paced environment, and are enrolled in a graduate program as a full-time student. Applicants should also have a strong marketing background and experience working with Photoshop and Microsoft. Strong writing and verbal communication skills are required.
Duties may include:
- Manage campus programs, including staffing, leadership training and development, logistics and planning, coordination and assessment.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of a variety of engaging, entertaining and expansive programming to meet the social and cultural needs of the student community.
- Aid in the planning and coordination of major facets of the University at Albany tradition, such as Opening Weekend, as well as other university wide initiatives and programs designed to promote student involvement and leadership development.
- Coordination of major program assessment strategies.
- Collect and monitor data about programs including attendance, budget, learning outcomes, and program targets.
- Serve as the Graduate Advisor to the Campus Programming Board
- Hire, train, and supervise Programming Assistants
- Oversee the scheduling of Campus Programming Board’s general meetings and Chair meetings.
- Formulate and execute marketing strategies to promote events on campus, in order to maximize the amount of exposure an event receives among the student body.
- Create promotional materials such as fliers, ads, banners, etc.
- Coordinate all product orders including staff apparel and marketing materials.
- Responsible for maintaining Social Media for the Campus Programming Board and the Office of Student Involvement.
- Promote involvement in student life including student activities, student organizations, recreational sports, and professional development
Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Pamela Malatesta at PMalatesta@albany.edu no later than May 15, 2014. For questions regarding this position please contact the Office of Student Involvement at (518) 442-5566.