Grants & Scholarships >> UAlbany Scholarships
Academic year in Spain for students who are considering a future career teaching Spanish
Santander-Sovereign Bank-supported Language Teacher Training Partnership!
We would like to invite students who are planning on becoming teachers of Spanish to consider this unique opportunity for study abroad in Spain. The SUNY-CRUE Language Teacher Training Partnership scholarship program offered by Santander-Sovereign Bank, through its Santander Universities Global Division, will provide up to 10 scholarships for one academic year of study in Spain beginning in Fall 2011. Selected students will be placed at UAlbany’s partner university, the Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, or through other SUNY partnerships with Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona and Universidad de Cantabria.
- Advanced Spanish language proficiency, as selected students will be directly enrolled in regular Spanish university classes along with native Spanish speakers.
- Willingness to study abroad for a full academic year (Fall + Spring semesters).
- SUNY undergraduate students majoring in Spanish, Latin American Studies, Spanish education, bilingual education, or related field.
- Junior or senior standing at time of travel (exceptions may be made for sophomores).
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
Costs covered by the scholarship include:
- In-state tuition and fees.
- Roundtrip airfare.
- Room and board stipend.
Interested students complete the online application process including all supporting materials prior to March 1, 2012
More information can be found on the SUNY website.