Grants & Scholarships >> UAlbany Scholarships
SUNY-Chinese Government Scholarship
The SUNY-Chinese Government Scholarship Program will continue to offer scholarships to qualified SUNY students for the 2011-2012 academic year. The duration of the scholarship is for one year or one semester. The host institutions are Sichuan University (in Chengdu, Sichuan Province) and Nanjing University (in Nanjing, Jiangsu Province). This scholarship includes tuition, on-campus accommodations, a living allowance and basic Chinese government medical insurance. The scholarship recipients will be responsible for the SUNY-CSC Scholarship Administrative Fee, the comprehensive SUNY health and emergency assistance insurance as well as other personal expenses incurred while studying abroad in China.
The China Scholarship Council (CSC) under the Ministry of Education will implement and manage the Program in China. The Office of International Education at University of Albany is the designated organization to implement and manage the Program for the State University of New York.
Who is Eligible?
- Applicants must be SUNY students at the time of the application
- Applicants must have completed at least 2 years of full-time studies at college level by the start of the program in China
- Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Preference will be given to applicants who plan to study abroad in China for a year or who have completed a minimum of two semesters of Chinese language study by the start of the program in China
- Chinese citizens are ineligible to apply for the SUNY-Chinese Government Scholarship
What to Study?
Students can choose to study Chinese language (at either university) or Chinese language and courses that are taught in English (at Sichuan University). Students with sufficient Chinese language background can take regular university courses in Chinese at either university.
Upon successful completion of their programs in China, instead of earning SUNY credits, students will earn transfer credits.
When to Apply?
Application deadline for the 2011-2012 academic year is April 1, 2011.
The scholarship recipients will be notified on May 1, 2011. Official acceptance letters from the host university will be forwarded to the scholarship recipients in June.
How to Apply?
Use the online application to apply:
- Apply to Nanjing University with SUNY-CSC Scholarships
- Apply to Sichuan University with SUNY-CSC Scholarships
Simply click Apply Now to create your account and begin the process (or login if you have previously created your UAlbany Study Abroad account).
Please note you will need these materials to complete the application (available online):
- Study Statement— focus your response on explaining your specific interests in this SUNY-China scholarship.
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges that were previously attended.
- Two (2) academic reference letters.
- Language Evaluation Form.
- A copy of your passport information page that includes your photo.
- Four (4) passport sized photos.
Need more information, contact:
Yang Pisani, Program Coordinator, Office of International Education
518-591-8170 or email@example.com