- Act as a clearinghouse for Africanist scholars, students, and community members doing work related to Africa.
- Develop, foster and coordinate University at Albany curricular offerings related to Africa and the African Diaspora. Spotlight University at Albany courses that address African issues and policies.
- Develop study abroad programs and establish student and faculty exchange programs with African institutions and organizations.
- Increase the number of African students and faculty at the University at Albany
- Help to eradicate negative media portrayals of Africa.
- Support and expand scholarship and knowledge production for the study of Africa at the University at Albany and within Africa.
- Establish collaborative partnerships with African institutions to undertake research and publication, seek funding, and advocate for effective change and development in Africa.