Extended Stay Hotel America Fall 2013 Semester
Frequently Asked Questions
Students who have been assigned to the Extended Stay for the Fall 2013 semester, will be residing at 1395 Washington Ave, Albany, NY 12206. The Hotel is located directly across Washington Avenue from the University's Main Campus.
The University's Residence Hall Licence applies to all students living in the Extended Stay America. Students will also need to sign an additional agreement upon check-in at extended stay.
- How do I get billed?
- Students will be billed the Quad Standard Double Rate of $3,592 for the fall semester on their UAlbany student bill.
- What Amenities are offered?
- Students will be provided a double bed, dresser, desk, lamp, chair, small kitchen with limited cooking utensils, and a private bathroom.
Housekeeping services will be provided on a weekly basis.
- How long will I be there?
- Students will be housed in the Extended Stay throughout the fall semester. Beginning August 22nd through December 21st 2013. All students will then be assigned on-campus housing for the Spring 2014 semester.
- Who is assigned there?
- Alumni quad triples, lounges and Extended Stay are designated overflow housing for transfer students who have applied for campus housing.
- Is there transportation service?
- There will be limited shuttle service schedule will be available upon check-in.
- How do I get my Mail?
- Students living in the Extended Stay will need to have their mail and packages addressed as follows:
Extended Stay America
1395 Washington Ave
Albany, NY 12206
All mail will be held at the front desk, and you will be notified when mail arrives
- Is there any food provided?
- There are no dining facilities at the hotel. Students will be offered a complimentary grab and go breakfast option. There are cooking facilities in each room.
- Do I need a meal plan?
- Students are not required to be on a meal plan, however they can choose a meal plan from one of the dining options. For details please see UAS meal plan information
- Can I bring a car?
- Yes, parking at the hotel will be available. For those students assigned there. If you would like to park your car on campus, you will need to register with Parking and Mass Transit Services
- Is there UAlbany staff on premise?
- Yes, the extended stay will be staffed with 2 professional Residential Life Staff members.
- Can I have a pet?
- No pets are allowed.
- Is there Smoking Policy?
- All rooms are non-smoking
- Are there Laundry facilities?
- Coin-operated laundry facilities are located on premises.
- Is there Internet access?
- Wireless internet will be provided free of charge to resident students.
- Is there Cable TV?
- Yes, students will have cable TV provided at no charge and will have a flat-screen TV provided by Extended Stay America.
- Can I hang things on the walls?
- There is no provisions for hanging materials on the walls, any damage done to the room is the responsibility of the occupants.
- Can I stay here during the breaks?
- Yes, you can occupy the room from August 22, 2013 through December 21st 2013 including all scheduled breaks and holidays.
- What is the Overnight guest policy?
- The University Guest policy will be in effect.