Home > Living on Campus > Housing Options > Empire Commons > Dane Dollars
What are Dane Dollars?
At University Apartments, we foster involvement in the community
Both on and off-campus through programs University at Albany students
can earn Dane Dollars by participating in programs held by University Apartments Staff.
Dane Dollars are our way of saying thanks for participating in our programs
Wow ! How do find out when programs are happening on the Apartments?
- Friend us on Facebook: Uapts Empire Freedom
- Visit our website
- Stop by the Empire or Freedom Offices and pick up a monthly calendar with all the programs for the month
- Look for program flyers posted in the vestibule of your building
What programs can I attend to earn Dane Dollars?
I am glad you asked! Below are some of the many ways you can earn Dane Dollars from University Apartments:
- Donating blood during an University Apartments Blood Drive
- Attending one of the many programs hosted by University Apartments Housing Managers
- Get involved in University wide event with University Apartments such as Clash of the Quads, Holiday Heroes, and Campus Cleanup Day
Ok, so if I attend programs throughout the semester and earn my Dane Dollars what can I do with them?
We make it our priority every semester to celebrate the residents’ participation in programming and their eagerness to give back to the community in our “Dane Dollar Deal Night” program held in the Fall and Spring semesters. During this program, residents who have accumulated “Dane Dollars” throughout the semester by attending programs are given the opportunity to win prizes.
Past Prizes Include:
- iPad 2
- Flat Screen TV
- Laser tag gift certificates
- Beauty salon gift certificates
- Movie Passes
- Video Cameras