Questions about the University

What is tuition?

Tuition rates differ for New York resident and non-resident students. Upcoming and current rates can be found at Student Financial Services.

Can I schedule a visit?

The University welcomes prospective and new students to tour the campus. For tours of the campus please click here for more information. Prospective students can also take a Virtual Tour of campus.  Graduate students should contact their academic departments to schedule a more specific visit.

How do I get to campus?

Maps and directions to all of the campuses can be found on the University website on the maps and directions page. 

Is the University accredited?

The University enjoys unusual accreditation privileges. It is chartered by the Board of Regents of New York State. All of its degrees and programs are registered and its professional programs fully approved by the Board of Regents through the New York State Education Department. It is a member of the Council of Graduate Schools in the United States. It is fully accredited by: The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 215-662-5605), American Psychological Association, Council on Rehabilitation Education, Computing Sciences Accreditation Board, The Council on Social Work Education, The American Chemical Society, The American Library Association, The American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business, The National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration, The Council on Education for Public Health and Teacher Education Accreditation Council.
Its graduates are recognized by the American Association of University Women.

How many students are enrolled at UAlbany?

Our student body of 13,250 undergraduates and 5,000 graduate students includes representatives of 100 different nations.

Does UAlbany have sports teams?

UAlbany has eight men's and eleven women's teams competing at the NCAA Division I intercollegiate level. Seventeen of these are members of the America East Conference, while football competes in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) Northeast Conference, and women's golf in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC).

Where can I find an office/department listing?

An alphabetical listing of the University’s academic departments and administrative offices can be found at

Is there graduate on-campus housing?

Currently the University offers limited on-campus housing for graduate students. Additionally, the Department of Residential Life has a Housing Registry which can aid you in your search for off-campus housing.