Farm to SUNY Tagline Contest
From April 14th until April 30th, create your own ‘Farm to SUNY’ tagline and see your words immortalized for this new SUNY ‘eat local’ initiative.
You could win $100!
1. You must be a registered SUNY student
2. Entries can be submitted via email:
FarmToSUNY@gmail.com with subject heading ‘Tag it!’
3. Tagline should be no longer than 50 characters and contain no special characters
4. Tagline must be uniquely yours
5. Limit of ten entries per person
About the Project
6. Event is open until April 30th (11:59pm)
7. The winner will be announced on May 9th via social media and will be contacted directly
8.The Farm to SUNY committee members’ choice is final
Four State University of New York campuses are getting more locally grown vegetables under a pilot project called Farm to SUNY. The goal of the Farm to SUNY initiative is to increase the procurement of fresh and minimally-processed New York-grown produce (e.g., potatoes, lettuce, leafy greens, tomatoes, squash, cabbage, and green beans) by SUNY campuses at a competitive price that provides a sustainable profit margin for farmers. It will also include an educational campaign to increase awareness among campus faculty, staff, and students on the benefits of purchasing locally grown meat, fruits, and vegetables. Farm to SUNY is funded by a $100,000 two-year grant through the American Farm Trust's Farm To Institution NYS Initiative (FINYS
), a statewide partnership of agricultural, public health, and economic development partners who have come together to strengthen the state's farm and food economy while improving the health of its citizens. Currently UAlbany, Oneonta, Oswego and New Paltz are participating in the pilot program.