Award processing continues on a rolling basis as students complete documentation and registration requirements.
New and Transfer students who file the FAFSA
by March 1 receive priority consideration for Financial Aid.
Continuing and Returning students who file their FAFSA
by April 1 receive priority consideration for Financial Aid.
Award processing for the school year is based on the following schedule:
|Transfers||Letter Late March||Email December
|Continuing||Email May||Email June||
|New Graduate||Email Mid April||Email December
|Continuing Graduate||Email May||Email Late June||
After awards are processed, the award information is posted on the Financial Aid page of each student's MyUAlbany account, where students can accept, reduce or decline their financial aid award.
New York State Financial Aid Award Information Sheet
In April 2015, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo signed Banking Law 9-w, requiring that all New York institutions of higher education provide financial aid applicants a uniform financial aid award information sheet. This allows students and families to easily understand the costs of an education and make informed financial decisions. Financial aid recipients are encouraged to review the information sheet.
Haven't Receive an Award Letter?
Students who applied for financial aid and have not received a financial aid award should check for the following before contacting the Student Financial Center:
- Did you file the FAFSA for correct aid year?
- Did you list the UAlbany federal school code 002835 on your FAFSA application?
- Did the Financial Aid Office send you an email or letter requesting information after you filed your FAFSA?
- Do you have items listed on your MyUAlbany Important Items?
- Did you send requested information back to the Financial Aid Office?
- If your FAFSA was "rejected", did you do what you needed to fix it?
- Have you registered/pre-registered for 6 or more credits?
- Are you matriculated in a degree program?
- Do you have an Albany.edu email address listed on MyUAlbany?
- Does your email spam filter block email messages from Albany.edu?
- Do you have the correct permanent address listed for yourself on MyUAlbany?
- Did you receive a letter regarding
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Please be sure to check your MyUAlbany Important Items after you accept your financial aid award.