Award processing continues on a rolling basis as students complete documentation and registration requirements.
New and Transfer students who file the FAFSA
by March 15th receive priority consideration for Financial Aid.
Continuing and Returning students who file their FAFSA
by April 15th receive priority consideration for Financial Aid.
Award processing for the school year is based on the following schedule:
|Transfers||Email May||Letter Late April||Email December
|Continuing Undergraduates||Email May||Email June||
|New Graduate Students||Email May||Email May||Email December
|Continuing Graduate Students||Email May||Email June||
After awards are processed, the award information is posted on the Financial Aid page of each student's MyUAlbany account, where students can accept, reduce or decline their financial aid award.
Students who applied for financial aid and have not received a financial aid award should check for the following before contacting the Student Financial Center:
- Did you file the FAFSA for correct aid year?
- Did you list the UAlbany federal school code 002835 on your FAFSA application?
- Did the Financial Aid Office send you an email or letter requesting information after you filed your FAFSA?
- Do you have items listed on your MyUAlbany Important Items?
- Did you send requested information back to the Financial Aid Office?
- If your FAFSA was "rejected", did you do what you needed to fix it?
- Have you registered/pre-registered for 6 or more credits?
- Are you matriculated in a degree program?
- Do you have an Albany.edu email address listed on MyUAlbany?
- Does your email spam filter block email messages from Albany.edu?
- Do you have the correct permanent address listed for yourself on MyUAlbany?
- Did you receive a letter regarding
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Please be sure to check your MyUAlbany Important Items after you accept your financial aid award.