Master of Science in Educational Psychology & Methodology
Program of Study
Candidates for the degree must complete a minimum of 30 hours of graduate credit as approved by their faculty advisor that satisfies the requirements listed below:
- A foundational core of 6 courses (18 credits) at the 500/600 level must be completed by all students. At least 3 of these courses must be completed within the division. This core includes one course in each of the following areas:
- Individual differences and special education
- Research methods
- Measurement and evaluation
- Of the remaining 12 credits, 9 credits (3 courses) should be taken within the division (at least 6 credits of these at the 600 level or above), and 3 credits (one course) outside the division.
- Within the 30 credits, the student should complete a special project. This may be satisfied by completing EPSY 680 (Research Project in Educational Psychology). Students may also fulfill this requirement by completing EPSY 697 (Independent Study in Educational Psychology), or EPSY 699 (Masters Thesis), if 697 or 699 are equivalent in scope to the special project of 680.