Pathways Into Education Center (PIE)
Pathways Into Education (PIE) Center is the central office on campus serving undergraduates and prospective students interested in pursuing careers in education as well as graduate students enrolled in degree programs that lead to teacher certification.
Changes to PIE hours of operation:
Wednesday 11/27 closed at 3pm
Thursday 11/28 & Friday 11/29 CLOSED
Monday 12/2 10am-4pm
The PIE Center …
- Coordinates undergraduate students’ access to programs and opportunities in education, such as the Educational Studies Minor, EDU 390 Community Service and the Future Educators' Club.
- Serves as the University’s central source for information about careers in education.
- Directs students toward the educational careers best suiting their interests and talents.
- Advises non-degree students in Education (unspecified department), Educational Theory & Practice, and Reading.
- Provides current UAlbany graduate students with information about teacher certification, NYS Teacher Certification Exams, and assists students in applying for teacher certification through TEACH, the new online certification application process recently launched by the New York State Education Department.
- Prepares students and recent graduates for the job-hunting process, such as the Education Expo Job Fair, Resume Writing Workshops, and Job Interviewing Tips & Information Nights.
- Posts education-related job listings.
Note: Students who are completing coursework for certification through the Individual Evaluation Pathway should be aware that suggestions from PIE staff about courses to take are not guarantees that the course(s) will be accepted by the State Education Department to meet certification requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
The PIE Center is open Monday–Friday, 8:30am–4:00pm.
School of Education
University at Albany
Albany, NY 12222
Fax: (518) 442-4953
PIE Center Staff
Hours: Monday and Thursday 9:00am-4:00pm
Educational Minor Advisor
EDU 390 Coordinator