I Want to Learn More About:
Online Degrees & Programs
UAlbany's School of Education is ranked in the top 5% of online graduate education programs by U.S. News & World Report (2016). Be a part of our BEST online graduate programs and enroll today!
Online degrees in UAlbany’s School of Education fit busy lifestyles while meeting the same high standards as the School’s on-campus programs. Only well-established campus-based courses and programs, designed and taught by the same nationally ranked faculty and instructors who teach on campus, have been developed into online programs. Distance learning at UAlbany brings online degrees of distinction to a wider, more diverse student population.
- MS in Early Childhood Education. For those with initial certification in early childhood education, this online degree leads to professional certification in Early Childhood Education, Birth-2nd grade.
- MS in Childhood Education. For those with initial certification in childhood education, this online degree leads to professional certification in Childhood Education, 1st-6th grade.
- MS in Reading. Intended for those who routinely work in literacy settings, yet not in the traditional B-12 school settings requiring teacher certification. The intent of the program is to help graduate students learn about teaching literacy, especially how to engage children and young adults in literacy learning.
- MS in Curriculum Development and Instructional Technology. Designed for those wishing to extend their expertise in curriculum and instructional design and in instructional technology, this degree allows students to create a program of study tailored to their specific backgrounds and career goals. It also serves those directed toward leadership positions in government, social service, healthcare, corporate training, and the development of educational media products.
- Certificate in Online Learning and Teaching (COLT). COLT meets the needs of those who teach or plan to work in public and private schools, administer online programs, support online faculty, develop online curriculum, or deliver online training in a wide variety of settings.
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Computing Education (CCE). CCE is designed to address the needs of qualified teachers who can deliver effective and engaging curricula in computer science and/or for introducing computational thinking as a new literacy to K-12 students and integrating it into a variety of subjects.
- Advanced Graduate Certificate in Adolescent Special Education for Childhood Special Educators. For certified childhood special educators with knowledge regarding best practices in special education so they can also serve those learners with special needs at the adolescent level. Students will become familiar with research-validated components of development and instruction at the adolescent level. The program meets the academic requirements for initial and professional certification in Teaching Students with Disabilities Generalist (grades 7-12).
- Advanced Graduate Certificate in Adolescent Special Education for Content Teachers. For certified grade 7-12 content area teachers to become knowledgeable regarding best practices in special education so they can serve those learners with the greatest needs. Students will become familiar with research-validated components of effective assessment, instruction, and behavior management. The program meets the academic requirements for initial and professional certification for Students with Disabilities Generalist (grades 7-12).
The University at Albany was one of the first campuses to undergo and pass New York State's Distance Higher Education Initiative's Institutional Capability Review process. UAlbany is also authorized to provide online and distance education programs through its Middle States accreditation.
For questions about eligibility for these programs, please contact:
Pathways Into Education (PIE) Center
School of Education
University at Albany
Albany, NY 12222