I Want to Learn More About:
Online Degrees & Programs
Online degrees in UAlbany’s School of Education fit busy lifestyles while meeting the same high standards as the School’s on-campus programs. Only well-established campus-based courses and programs, designed and taught by the same nationally ranked faculty and instructors who teach on campus, have been developed into online programs. Distance learning at UAlbany brings online degrees of distinction to a wider, more diverse student population.
- MS in Early Childhood Education (Literacy). For those with initial certification in early childhood education, this online degree leads to professional certification in Early Childhood Education, Birth-2nd grade.
- MS in Childhood Education (Literacy). For those with initial certification in childhood education, this online degree leads to professional certification in Childhood Education, 1st-6th grade.
- MS in Reading- Intended for people who routinely work in literacy settings, yet not in the traditional B-12 school settings requiring teacher certification. The intent of the program is to help graduate students learn about teaching literacy, especially how to engage children and young adults in literacy learning.
- MS in Curriculum Development and Instructional Technology. Designed for those wishing to extend their expertise in curriculum and instructional design and in instructional technology, this degree allows students to create a program of study tailored to their specific backgrounds and career goals. It also serves those directed toward leadership positions in government, social service, healthcare, corporate training, and the development of educational media products.
- Certificate in Online Learning and Teaching (COLT). COLT meets the needs of those who teach or plan to work in public and private schools, administer online programs, support online faculty, develop online curriculum, or deliver online training in a wide variety of settings.
The University at Albany was one of the first campuses to undergo and pass New York State's Distance Higher Education Initiative's Institutional Capability Review process. UAlbany is also authorized to provide online and distance education programs through its Middle States accreditation.
For questions about eligibility for these programs, please contact:
Pathways Into Education (PIE) Center
School of Education
University at Albany
Albany, NY 12222