I Want to Learn More About:
Online Degrees & Programs
UAlbany’s School of Education has online graduate degrees ranked 6th among 262 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report (2017). Our 20 years of experience in online learning has made us the top-ranked online graduate education program in New York State and the Northeast.
Students in our programs can typically mix their courses—online and on-campus—as best fits their schedules and their learning preferences, and students work with the same renowned UAlbany professors whether on campus or online. We design our programs to meet the needs of teachers, administrators, and specialists. Distance learning at UAlbany brings online degrees of distinction to a wider, more diverse student population.
Be a part of our BEST online graduate programs and enroll today!
Certificates (15 graduate credits)
- Advanced Graduate Certificate in Adolescent Special Education for Childhood Special Educators. For certified childhood special educators with knowledge regarding best practices in special education so they can also serve those learners with special needs at the adolescent level. Students will become familiar with research-validated components of development and instruction at the adolescent level. The program meets the academic requirements for initial and professional certification in Teaching Students with Disabilities Generalist (grades 7-12).
- Advanced Graduate Certificate in Adolescent Special Education for Content Teachers. For certified grade 7-12 content area teachers to become knowledgeable regarding best practices in special education so they can serve those learners with the greatest needs. Students will become familiar with research-validated components of effective assessment, instruction, and behavior management. The program meets the academic requirements for initial and professional certification for Students with Disabilities Generalist (grades 7-12).
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Computing Education (CCE). Designed to address the needs of qualified teachers who can deliver effective and engaging curricula in computer science and/or for introducing computational thinking as a new literacy to K-12 students and integrating it into a variety of subjects.
- Certificate in Online Learning and Teaching (COLT). Meets the needs of those who teach or plan to work in public and private schools, administer online programs, support online faculty, develop online curriculum, or deliver online training in a wide variety of settings. Credits earned in this program can apply to the Curriculum Development and Instructional Technology master's degree.
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. For NYS-certified teachers with a master's degree seeking to fulfill the NYS certification requirements to address the needs of English as a New Language (ENL) students.
Master of Science (MS) Degrees (30 graduate credits)
- Curriculum Development and Instructional Technology. Designed for those wishing to extend their expertise in curriculum and instructional design and in instructional technology, this degree allows students to create a program of study tailored to their specific backgrounds and career goals. It also serves those directed toward leadership positions in government, social service, healthcare, corporate training, and the development of educational media products.
- Early Childhood Education. For those with initial certification in early childhood education, this online degree leads to professional certification in Early Childhood Education, Birth-2nd grade.
- Childhood Education. For those with initial certification in childhood education, this online degree leads to professional certification in Childhood Education, 1st-6th grade.
- Reading. For professionals outside of traditional school settings who seek a thorough understanding of literacy development and education but do not require teacher certification. Students will learn how to teach and engage children and young adults in literacy learning.
Busy educational professionals seek online opportunities for academic growth that are excellent in quality, accessible year-round both online and on-campus, and affordable. They can rely on a trusted regional partner with a national reputation—UAlbany’s School of Education. Individual online courses in diverse areas are also available for non-degree students.
For additional information on programs, or how to apply or register for a program or a single course, please contact:
Pathways Into Education (PIE) Center
School of Education
University at Albany