Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society
Kappa Delta Pi is one of the largest and most prestigious educational honor societies in the world. With more than 500 active chapters, Kappa Delta Pi is dedicated to the ideals of Fidelity to Humanity, Service, Science, and Toil. It is KDP's goal to recognize scholarship and enhance the professional development of its members. Sigma Mu is the Kappa Delta Pi chapter at the University at Albany.
- Recognizing and confirming the status of scholars and educators to achieve and sustain preeminence in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Focusing on effectively addressing the needs of members through the phases of their careers as scholars and educators.
- Providing an energetic, diverse learning community that enhances professional growth through high quality programs, services, and products.
Membership in Kappa Delta Pi depends on the following criteria:
- Intent to continue in the field of education.
- Final-term sophomore standing, a GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or its equivalent), and at least 12 semester hours (or its equivalent) in education courses for undergraduates.
- Graduate students must have regular admission status in an accredited institution, six or more semester hours (or its equivalent) in that institution, at least 12 semester hours (or its equivalent) of education courses, and a graduate-level GPA of at least 3.25 out of 4.0
- Three quarterly journals and the opportunity to have your work published.
- Award-winning regional and national conferences
- $100,000 in scholarships and grant awards
- Commercial Discounts
- “Members Only” web site links you to valuable resources
- Novice Notes – semester series handouts for new members covering topics such as interviewing and portfolios
- Discounts on publications supporting educators
- Employment Resources and Partnerships