The Economics Department Commencement Ceremony
When and Where?
- Saturday May 14, 2016, 06:30 p.m. (graduates should arrive by 06:00 p.m. to sign in).
- Athletic Complex, Physical Education Building, Gymnasium
- Please invite your family to join faculty and staff for hospitality refreshments in the Athletic Stadium immediately after the ceremony.
- Tickets are not required. There is a maximum of 10 guests per student.
Any student completing graduation requirements in Summer 2016 must register to attend the department ceremony by submitting an email before 2:00 pm on 5/2/16 to Anne Hebert, email@example.com.? Please include your name, ID number, and date of expected degree completion.
- Please be sure to check your official albany.edu email and the commencement website regularly for updates on important deadlines and other commencement related information.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Department at (518) 442-4735.
- All undergraduate Economics majors who expect to graduate in Spring or Summer 2016 are invited to attend. ?(Students who are not official degree candidates for May 2016 but will complete their degree in Summer 2016 must send an email by 5/2/16 to Anne Hebert at firstname.lastname@example.org so that your name can be listed in the program).
- Students are expected to wear academic regalia.
- Students will be given an index card before the ceremony starts to write a note of thanks. Professor Sattinger will read it as you cross the stage.
- Individual recognition of each graduate on the platform, and presentation of certificate.
- Anthony Rodolakis, Ph.D., University at Albany. Director of Economics and Tax Studies, Ways and Means Committee, New York Sate Assembly.
- A photo area will be available for graduates and their families to take pictures.
- A reception will follow in the Lecture Center Podium area.
- Please check the commencement website for more details including instructions on parking http://www.albany.edu/commencement/
- Torch Night Ceremonies begin at 8:30 pm at the Entry Plaza
- University- wide Undergraduate Degree Conferral Ceremony, Sunday May 15, 10:00 am at the Entry Plaza at the top of Collins Circle. Graduates should arrive by 9:00 am and assemble TBA. Participants must wear proper academic regalia. Guests should arrive by 9:30 am. No tickets are required.