Lunchtime Wellness Programs
Several times a month EAP sponsors free lunchtime wellness presentations on the Uptown, Downtown, and East Campuses. These lectures are typically held from 12 noon to 1 pm at various locations on campus. Employees are invited to bring their "brown bag" lunches to the event. While dining together, they have the opportunity to learn new ideas, gain support for living a healthly lifestyle, and meet other University employees who are also interested in the topic. EAP searches for presenters from the community who can provide valuable information and resources that will enhance the participants' well-being.
Some topics that have been offered over the years include:
- Elder Care - e.g., Understanding Alzheimer's Disease
- Financial Wellness - e.g., Budgeting, Debt Management, Student Loans
- Healthy Eating - e.g., Building a Better Bag Lunch
- Estate Planning
- Gardening - e.g., Herb Gardening, Tough Plants in Tough Places
- Stress Reduction - e.g., Mindfulness, Thought Field Therapy
- Emergency Preparedness
- Organizing Your Home and Office
- Retirement Planning
EAP financially sponsors the Lunchtime Wellness Programs.
If you have a suggestion for a lecture topic, email Brenda Seckerson, EAP Coordinator.
Community Resource Awareness Series:
Each semester EAP will invite representatives from local non-profit agencies to discuss the variety of programs and services they offer in their area of expertise. The awareness series presentations are designed to serve as an educational tool as well as a means of highlighting the valuable resources that are available in our community.
Lunchtime Wellness Programs - RSVP Requested
To help us be sure that EAP presenters have an audience, we request that employees RSVP for all lunchtime events. We realize that sometimes last minute work obligations may prevent you from attending. However, having a general sense that some employees are planning to participate will be helpful in maintaining the Lunchtime Wellness Program. Thank you for your assistance.
For a list of upcoming Lunchtime Wellness Programs
Check the EAP Calendar
ONGOING LUNCHTIME PROGRAMS:
ONGOING CRAFT GROUP ON WESTERN AVENUE
- Every Tuesday - 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- MSC 100 Conference Room
- Bring in projects you are working on or learn to knit or crochet.
- Contact Carol March: CMarch@albany.edu
PODIUM ONGOING CRAFT GROUP
- Every Wednesday - 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- B34 University Library (Technical Services Conference Room - TSC)
- Contact Janice Vega: email@example.com