The University at Albany demonstrates its commitment to institutional equity by ensuring that all members of its community are provided with equal opportunity and access to its academic programs, facilities and employment. This commitment is supported through the University’s policies, procedures and community engagement.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion supports this commitment through:
- Monitoring and providing resources for academic and professional staff recruitment and hiring efforts
- Providing consultation and mediation to inquiries and allegations of discrimination, including sex discrimination
- Investigating and resolving complaints of discrimination, including sex discrimination
- Providing relevant training and education
- Developing and implementing the University at Albany and the University at Albany Research Foundation’s Affirmative Action Programs