Our current goals are to develop a plan that begins to identify ways to improve
the quality of life in these communities through the development and deployment
of technological initiatives.
The goals include:
- Development of a Multi-Media Learning Lab (called Urban CyberSpace Lab)
that is community oriented and creates a technology rich environment where
students, parents, small business, and the community at large can use the
resources that are provided.
- Creation of a school district-wide initiative to provide the networking
telecommunications infrastructure that gives access to Internet and satellite/distance
- Creation of a teacher oriented lab/facility for technology-based teacher
- Plan to replicate the district-wide networked telecommunications models
to all under served school districts.
- Plan to create multi-media learning labs and teachers training labs at other
locations in New York, Albany, and other cities around the country. We are
also interested in development of these facilities overseas.
- Development of research initiatives that evaluate the impact of technology
in urban communities.
- Creation of a job training and retraining technology facility in under served
communities to stimulate economic development.
- Develop skilled professionals in video production and television producing
- Develop World Wide Web (WWW) teams with the Cyberhood Cooperative Learning
Project(CCLP) to support Internet and WWW activities.