Family and Friends
• City of Albany
• Albany County Convention and Visitors Bureau
• Albany Times Union Newspaper
• Weather conditions
DIRECTIONS to the University at Albany
Driving and Mass Transit directions are available through the UAlbany's visitors' website
, along with interactive maps
University-Wide Commencement Ceremony
Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 1:00 P.M. in the SEFCU Arena
once on campus:
• Parking on SUNDAY, please utilize the SEFCU Arena and Dutch Quad Gold parking lots. A limited number of handicapped parking spaces for vehicles with the appropriate tag will be available in the west arena lot. This is also the drop-off location for guests with mobility issues. A University Police Officer will be present to assist with directions.
• Shuttle Service on SUNDAY will travel between the Dutch Quad Gold lot and the SEFCU Arena before and after the ceremony. Graduates and guests should factor 20 minutes into their travel time to secure parking and arrive at the ceremony site.
• Venue Accessibility on SUNDAY in the SEFCU Arena is equipped with accessible restrooms and seating options. A seating area in the arena will be reserved for guests along with 2 escorts. It is recommended that any guest requiring transport via wheelchair bring their own.
SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETERS
Sign language interpreters will be on stage throughout the university-wide ceremonies. Guests or graduates should contact Carolyn Malloch by October 30 if they require coordination to sit in close proximity to the interpreter, require wheelchair access, or special seating needs.
The Disability Resource Center
Campus Center 137
Albany, New York 12222
The University at Albany will offer the services of a professional photographer at the ceremony. Graduates will be professionally photographed by Island Photo
at the ceremony as they shake hands with the President and as they exit the stage. The photographer will mail proofs to the graduates’ permanent address, and families will have the option to purchase prints if they wish. For more information and access to the proofs, please contact Island Photo
FLOWERS & SOUVENIRS
For your convenience, flowers and UAlbany memorabilia will be available for purchase in the lobby of the SEFCU Arena. Please note, due to the fire alarm system, balloons are NOT permitted inside the SEFCU Arena.
For more information on University Auxiliary Services available on campus the day of the ceremony please visit: www.albany.edu/uas/commencement_services.php
Guest tickets ARE REQUIRED for the University-Wide December Ceremony. Graduates may request up to 6 guest tickets on their Commencement Registration Form. Graduates can request tickets to be held at the ‘will-call table’ to be picked up by any of their guests on the day of the ceremony. Or for in-person ticket pick-up dates - please check back to this website, and graduate's official albany.edu email address, for updates on upcoming ticket distribution dates/times.
Official Commencement Programs will be distributed upon entry at the university-wide ceremony venue. August 2014 and December 2014 degree candidates who have met their degree application deadline will be listed in the program, not those who simply participate in the ceremonies
. Therefore, students who have not satisfied their graduation requirements, or those who have not had their application approved by the Office of the Registrar by the stated degree deadlines will NOT be listed in the program.
The Office of the Registrar
will be happy to mail a Commencement Program to those who are listed but who are unable to attend the Ceremony. Send your request via email to email@example.com
, or mail to:
Office of the Registrar
Campus Center B-25
1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222
Attn: Commencement Program
The University at Albany requests the cooperation of all participants and visitors in complying with the University at Albany’s policy prohibiting alcoholic beverages at Commencement related events. No one with alcoholic beverages will be allowed to enter, or participate, in the ceremony.
Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org