All faculty are encouraged to support their students through participation in commencement exercises. Your presence exhibits UAlbany pride and is important to your students and their families on this momentous occasion.
December Commencement Ceremony
Sunday, December 7, 2014 @ 1:00 p.m.
All faculty assemble in the Hall of Fame Room in the SEFCU Arena at 12:00 p.m.
Faculty may participate in one of the following ways:
- "Marching" (Non-Hooding) Faculty
Marching faculty will take part in the processional and be seated on stage.
- Hooding Faculty (at the Graduate Ceremony)
*Please register by November 7* If you are hooding a doctoral candidate(s) at the Graduate Ceremony your registration, including the doctoral candidate(s) information, will assist the Office of Graduate Studies to coordinate your planned participation.
Sign up for rented regalia using the registration link above. The University will cover the cost of regalia rental for faculty who do not own their own regalia. Once you sign up online, be sure you receive a confirmation email directly from a bookstore representative, this will confirm your order and coordinate delivery dates/times. Regalia will NOT be available for pick-up onsite, the day of the ceremony.
Registration & Regalia Rental Deadlines:
- November 7: If you wish to reserve a specific hood from your alma mater with your faculty regalia rental, and have the option for bookstore staff deliver your regalia to your office.
All orders placed AFTER Nov. 7 will be supplied with a UAlbany hood, and must be picked up in the bookstore.
- November 17: Registration Deadline and the last day faculty rental requests will be accepted.
As in years past regalia will NOT be available for pick-up on site the day of the ceremony.
- By December 10 (preferably earlier): All rental regalia must be returned to the University Bookstore.
* You may also purchase custom tailored regalia. Owning your own regalia frees you from ordering and returning countless rentals. If you are interested in purchasing your own regalia contact the University Bookstore for more information.