All faculty are encouraged to support their students through participation in commencement exercises. Your presence exhibits UAlbany pride and is important to your students and their families on this momentous occasion.
Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 9:00 a.m.
All faculty assemble in the Hall of Fame Room in the SEFCU Arena at 8:00 a.m.
Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 10:00 a.m.
Entry Plaza Lawn
All faculty assemble in University Hall Atrium at 9:00 a.m.
Further details will be sent via email, in the week prior to the ceremony, to faculty who have signed-up using the registration links below.
Faculty may participate in one of the following ways:
- "Marching" (Non-Hooding) Faculty
Marching faculty will take part in the processional and be seated on stage.
- Hooding Faculty
*Please register by March 30* If you are hooding a doctoral candidate(s), be sure to include the doctoral candidate(s) information in your registration.
Although the University will cover the cost of rented regalia, please assist us in maintaining costs by renting only the regalia pieces that you currently do not own and by returning rental regalia no later than Mary 20, 2015. Regalia will NOT be available for pick-up onsite, the day of the ceremony, bookstore pickup is an option, or if you select "Delivery to your office" be sure to include your campus address in the "Customer Notes" field during check out.
Regalia Rental Deadlines:
- March 30: Registration Deadline for faculty rental to request with a custom hood (colors of your alma mater) - and includes the option for bookstore staff to deliver regalia to your office.
- April 13: Registration Deadline and the FINAL DAY for faculty rental requests - only includes UAlbany colored hood and you must pick up the regalia at the bookstore.
- By May 20 (preferably earlier): All rental regalia must be returned to the University Bookstore.
Own Your Regalia and do not need any rentals?
Simply use the link to email firstname.lastname@example.org
and let us know you are participating, but don't need regalia rental. Be sure to include your contact information and, if you are hooding, the name of your doctoral candidate(s).
* You may also purchase custom tailored regalia. Owning your own regalia frees you from ordering and returning countless rentals. If you are interested in purchasing your own regalia contact the University Bookstore for more information.