All faculty are encouraged to support their students through participation in commencement exercises. Your presence exhibits UAlbany pride and is important to your students and their families on this momentous occasion.
December Commencement Ceremony
Sunday, December 7, 2014 @ 1:00 p.m.
All faculty assemble in the Hall of Fame Room in the SEFCU Arena at 12:00 p.m.
Faculty may participate in one of the following ways:
- "Marching" (Non-Hooding) Faculty
Marching faculty will take part in the processional and be seated on stage.
- Hooding Faculty (at the Graduate Ceremony)
*Please register by November 7* If you are hooding a doctoral candidate(s), be sure to include the doctoral candidate(s) information in your registration.
Although the University will cover the cost of rented regalia, please assist us in maintaining costs by renting only the regalia pieces that you currently do not own. Once you sign up online, be sure you receive a confirmation email directly from a bookstore representative, this will confirm your order and coordinate delivery dates/times. Regalia will NOT be available for pick-up onsite, the day of the ceremony.
Registration & Regalia Rental Deadlines:
- November 7: Registration Deadline and the final day for faculty rental requests - includes the option for bookstore staff to deliver regalia to your office.
- By December 10 (preferably earlier): All rental regalia must be returned to the University Bookstore.
Own Your Regalia and do not need any rentals?
Simply email email@example.com
to let us know you are participating, but don't need regalia rental. Be sure to include your contact information and, if you are hooding, the name of your doctoral candidate(s).
* You may also purchase custom tailored regalia. Owning your own regalia frees you from ordering and returning countless rentals. If you are interested in purchasing your own regalia contact the University Bookstore for more information.