Oh the Places we have been . . .
- Basnight-Brown, D. M., & Altarriba, J. (2011, June). Translation ambiguity moderates the processing of concrete, abstract, and emotion words. Paper presented at the Eighth International Symposium on Bilingualism (ISB8), University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway.
- Van Dam, N. T., Earleywine, M., & Altarriba, J. (2010, April). Emotional contrast and self-reported anxiety predict target accuracy in an emotional attentional blink paradigm. Poster presented at the 17th annual Cognitive Neuroscience Society Meeting, Montréal, Québec, Canada.
- Knickerbocker, H., & Altarriba, J. (2010, April). Repetition blindness with emotion, emotion laden, and neutral words. Paper presented at the 82nd annual meeting of the Midwestern Psychological Association, Chicago, IL.
- Leblebici-Basar, D., & Altarriba, J. (2010, February). Translating concrete, abstract, and emotional concepts into product form: Insight into the design process. Paper accepted for presentation at the 4th International Conference on Design Principles and Practices, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL.
- Altarriba, J. (2009, November). The role of linguistic and emotional factors in working with bilingual, clinical populations. Paper presented at the 2nd International Clinical Linguistics Conference, Facultad de Filosofía y Letras, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain.
- Altarriba, J., & Basnight-Brown, D. M. (2009, July). Are emotion words represented differently than emotion-laden words? Evidence from an Affective Simon Task. Paper presented at the Seventh International Symposium on Bilingualism (ISB7), Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- Altarriba, J., & Basnight-Brown, D. M. (2008, November). The affective Simon effect is moderated by word type. Poster presented at the 49th annual meeting of the Psychonomic Society, Chicago, IL.
- Gianico, J. L., & Altarriba, J. (2007, May). Tip-of-the-tongue phenomenon: The effect of word concreteness. Poster presented at the 19th annual meeting of the Association for Psychological Science, Washington, DC.
- Altarriba, J., Basnight-Brown, D. M., & Sutton, T. M. (2006, June). Automaticity and the representation and acquisition of emotion terms in Spanish-English bilinguals. In A. Pavlenko & V. Solovyev (Chairs), Bilingualism, emotions and cognition. Colloquium presented at the Second Biennial Conference on Cognitive Science, St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Sutton, T. M., Altarriba, J., Gianico, J. L., & Basnight-Brown, D. M. (2005, November). Emotional Stroop effects in monolingual and bilingual speakers. Poster presented at the 46th annual meeting of the Psychonomic Society, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Altarriba, J. (2005, October). La arquitectura cognitiva del bilingüe: La representación de las palabras emocionales (Bilingual cognitive architecture: The representation of emotion words). In M. Newman & E. Fernandez (Chairs), Comisión sobre los inmigrantes Latinoamericanos en Norteamérica: Perspectivas sociolingüística y psicolingüística (Commission on Latin American immigrants in North America: Sociolinguistic and psycholinguistic perspectives). Symposium conducted at the XIV meeting of the Asociación de Lingüística y Filologia de América Latina (ALFAL), Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Monterrey, México. [Paper Delivered in Spanish]
- Altarriba, J., & Basnight-Brown, D. M. (2004, November). Constraints on cross-language semantic and translation priming in Spanish-English bilinguals. Poster presented at the 45th annual meeting of the Psychonomic Society, Minneapolis, MN.
- Marmolejo, G., Diliberto-Macaluso, K. A., & Altarriba, J. (2003, November). Correct and false recall in Spanish-English bilinguals. Poster presented at the 44th annual meeting of the Psychonomic Society, Vancouver, B.C.
- Altarriba, J., & Basnight, D. M. (2003, September). The search for evidence of cross-language priming: Informing models of second language processing. In C. Frenck-Mestre (Organizer), Languages in contact: From lexical access to understanding humor. Symposium presented at the XIII Conference of the European Society for Cognitive Psychology (ESCOP), Granada, Spain.