For data backup and recovery
All CAS network shares are backed up overnight, Monday through Friday. If a file becomes corrupt or is accidentally deleted, you can attempt to retrieve the file through Windows Shadow Copy.
For the restoration of deleted items from Unix cluster, Unix mail, or Exchange servers please contact CAS Computing.
Recovery of Files or Folders
There are three fundamental recovery situations:
- Accidental file deletion
- Accidental file replacement or overwrite
- File Corruption
Recover a deleted file
- Navigate to the directory in which the deleted file had been stored.
- Position the cursor over a blank space in the folder, not over a file.
- Right-click the mouse and select Properties from the bottom of the menu then select the Previous Versions tab.
- Double-click the version of the folder from before the file was deleted.
- Look throught the directory and select the file that will be recovered.
- Drag and drop, or copy and paste, the version of the file to the preferred location.
Recover an Overwritten or Corrupted File
Recovering an overwritten or corupted file is easier than recovering a deleted file because the file itself can be right-clicked instead of the folder.
- Right-click the overwritten or corrupted file and click Properties.
- Select Previous Versions.
- If you wish to check a particular old version, select the version and click View or double-click on it.
- To copy the old version to another location, click Copy...
- To replace the current version with the older version, click Restore.
Recover a Folder
- Position the cursor so that it is over a blank space in the folder that will be recovered. If the cursor hovers over a file, that file will be selected.
- Right-click the mouse, select Properties from the bottom of the menu, and then, click the Previous Versions tab.
- Choose either Copy or Restore.
- Choosing Restore enables the user to recover everything in that folder as well as all subfolders. Selected Restore will not delete any files.
Recover Unix Files or Mail
In order to recover accidentally deleted mail or files on the Unix cluster, please contact CAS Computing by filling out our help request at http://www.albany.edu/cascomp/help.php or call 442-2651. We will assist you in working with ITS to recover your data.
Recover Exchange Mail
Before contacting CAS Computing, please attempt the Outlook feautre of Recover Deleted Items under the Tools menu. If you need assistance or you are unable to recover your lost mail messages, please contact CAS Computing by filling out our help request at http://www.albany.edu/cascomp/help.php or call 442-2651.We will assist you in working with ITS to recover your data.