Pedestrian & Bike Paths
Whether you're walking, running, or biking we hope you enjoy your time on the UAlbany paths. Please use the following resources to discover the trail(s) that works for you!
One Mile Loops
Two Mile Loops
Notes: The location of trails shown on this map may change over time. Please check with UAlbany Campus Recreation for updates.
Trails are not regularly patrolled. Please use caution and be aware of your surroundings. In case of a injury, or other emergency please call 518-442-3131 (UA Police Department).
- All trails are multi-use trails.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed.
- No trash shall be left anywhere on the grounds, but shall be placed in the proper receptacles where provided.
- Be courteous and helpful to fellow trail users.
- Avoid seasonal wet areas on the trails.
- Use caution and keep right as all trails are two-way.
- UAlbany policy requires animals to be on leashes at all times.
- Persons bringing pets or other animals on the path shall keep them on a leash. Leads or leashes used to control animals shall be no longer than 8' in length.
- Dog excrement will be removed immediately and properly disposed of in a sanitary manner.
- Please be aware of your dog's behaviors and its effect on others.
While recent construction has altered the well-known perimeter path of the UAlbany loop, the notion of the Purple Path Project lives on. Structured to create "byways" for pedestrians and bicyclists, the Purple Path Project helps to establish a safe and inviting space to the campus and surrounding community. Learn more about the Purple Path Project.