Media Advisory: Consumer Fraud Fair Tackles Exploitation of Elderly
ALBANY, N.Y. (May 11, 2007)
Consumer Fraud Fair, featuring exhibitions and workshops aimed at curbing fraud and financial abuse directed at the elderly, followed by presentations and an award ceremony honoring volunteers in the senior community.
Consumer Fraud Fair:
- 29 exhibitors including New York State Consumer Protection Board, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP), and Albany County Department of Aging.
Senior Celebration and Award Ceremony:
- Michael Burgess, executive director, New York State Office for the Aging
- Robert M. Curley, chairman, Citizens Bank N.A.
- Susan Herbst, officer in charge and provost, University at Albany
- Katharine Briar-Lawson, dean, School of Social Welfare, University at Albany
- Richard Hill, corporate risk manager, CDPHP
Monday, May 14, 2007
Consumer Fraud Fair: 9 a.m. - noon
Senior Celebration and Award Ceremony: 11:45 - 2 p.m.
Wolf Road, Albany
The University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages 17,000 diverse students in nine schools and colleges, and an honors college. For more information about this internationally ranked institution, visit theUniversity at Albany. Visit UAlbany's extensive roster of faculty experts.
Please send questions or comments about the UAlbany News site to: email@example.com