ALBANY, N.Y. (March 16, 2007)
Editors note: Members of the media are invited to observe. Questions and requests will be addressed after the forum.
In an open forum, the UAlbany Task Force on Sexual Assault will report its draft recommendations to Provost and Officer in Charge Susan Herbst.
Monday, March 19, 2007, noon -- 1 p.m.
Campus Center 375, University at Albany uptown campus, 1400 Washington Ave., Albany, N.Y.
The Task Force on Sexual Assault is led by James A. Anderson, vice president for Student Success, and Katharine Briar-Lawson, dean of the School of Social Welfare, and includes students, faculty and staff from throughout the University and members of the Albany community. Provost and Officer in Charge Susan Herbst has charged the Task Force with the following:
- To assess the incidence and prevalence of acquaintance rape at the University at Albany and on a national level.
- To solicit and receive input from all constituents of the University at Albany community.
- To examine nationally known best practices involving prevention, education and support services, and compare those to what currently exists at the University at Albany.
- To enhance communication about prevention and safety to the on and off campus community and insure it is sensitive to the social and cultural context.
- To make recommendations for short- and longer-term strategies, practices and policies that will foster positive outcomes at the University.