Learn more about Undergraduate Programs
Are you a motivated and talented student who is eager to earn an undergraduate degree and prepare for a rewarding business career? You belong at University at Albany’s School of Business. You’ll find an outstanding blend of undergraduate liberal education with business career preparation in over 100 fields of study. And your investment will be returned many times over. Our graduating students are highly sought after by recruiters because of our academic rigor, sophisticated instruction, and attention to individual student development and career readiness.
Accepting the Best Students from Across the U.S.
Admission criteria for our undergraduate business degree programs are very selective. You must have a 3.25 GPA or higher to apply to one of our programs. Maintaining such high academic standards ensures that you and your fellow students all gain the benefits of participating in our community of excellence:
- The prestige of attending one of only three dual AACSB-accredited schools in New York state, and one of only 260 such schools in the entire world.
- Opportunities to participate in business internships and special projects at our many partner companies.
- Access to our vital, global network of SUNY business school alumni, many of whom are key leaders in their fields.
- Career guidance and top-level recruitment by the Big Four accounting firms and F500 companies.
- Small class size for higher-level business courses.
- Modern, cutting-edge instructional facilities and resources.
Three Avenues for Admission
You can apply to join one of our undergraduate business degree programs if you are:
- A high school senior.
- A current University of Albany undergraduate student looking to transfer into business studies.
- A sophomore at another undergraduate college or university looking to transfer into business studies.
Find information on the application process on our Admissions Pages.
Choose Your Undergraduate Business Degree
All of our business degree programs can be augmented with foreign language and cultural diversity studies to help you prepare for today’s global business environment. You may also elect to declare a minor from more than 100 fields of study. There are three undergraduate business school degree options to choose from:
- B.S. in Business Administration (with a single or dual concentrations) prepares you to assume a career in business management, information technology management, financial management, or marketing management. All students enjoy engaged and supportive faculty, a challenging curriculum, small interactive classes (approximately 30-50 students once you enter your major), and the opportunity to pursue concentrations in one or more of these business disciplines.
- B.S. in Accounting gives you essential competency in financial accounting, managerial accounting, auditing, taxation and accounting information systems, complemented by studies in other areas of business and economics. After completing the 120 credits required for graduation, many students choose to move directly on to graduate accounting studies at the School of Business in order to prepare for a Certificate of Public Accountancy.
- B.S. in Digital Forensics is the first of its kind in New York State and is only one of a handful in the entire nation. Digital forensics is a fast-growing billion-dollar market, with high long-term projected demand for trained professionals. What identity theft, insider trading, information security breaches, cyber attacks, industrial espionage, financial fraud, and terrorism all share is that they leave behind digital “fingerprints” in the form of electronic data (from computers, networks, the cloud, GPS systems, and smartphones). Similar to DNA forensic scientists in the physical world, digital forensic analysts understand how to follow these “fingerprints” to investigate incidents and track activities in the electronic domain.
- 5-Year BA/MBA Program We offer this special option for high-performing students who wish to accelerate their learning and reduce their tuition by one year.
How to Proceed
Check out the details on each of these business degree programs and their respective course options. Or, if you’re interested in applying, proceed to our Admissions instruction page, for guidance on the process and links to the University at Albany Admissions website.