Concentration: Information Technology Management (ITM)
Pursuing the ITM concentration allows you to:
- Combine business knowledge with technology skills - Bridges the gap between business and technology.
- Acquire real world experience - Develop your consulting skills by working in teams to solve business problems for client organizations.
- Choose how much IT you want - Combine ITM with finance, marketing or management, or specialize exclusively in ITM.
- Be part of a dynamic profession - Launch your career in the high growth and high paying information technology (IT) industry.
- Study at one of the top-business schools in New York - UAlbany is one of only three dual-AASCB-accredited SUNY Business schools.
The ITM program combines core business courses with a rigorous training in the concepts and principles of managing IT. Hands-on experience gained through intensive field project courses with "real world" clients, prepares you for a successful IT career.
Career Counseling and Networking
ITM Faculty and School of Business staff members will help you find jobs through network companies and consulting firms. As part of the business administration major, the ITM concentration at UAlbany sets you on a path for employment in business and computer-related positions such as:
- Chief information officer (CIO) and CEO
- Technology vice presidents
- Project leader/manager
- Networking/communications consultant
- Systems or business analyst
Next, view the IT courses available and our Admissions section if you are ready to enroll in one of New York's top business schools.