Concentration: Information Systems & Business Analytics (ISBA)
The ISBA department provides students with the technological and quantitative skills needed for the converging fields of information systems and business analytics, so they can serve as the critical link between the technical and business areas of an organization.
Our students are empowered with the knowledge and ability to design, develop, and deploy digital systems that will help enterprises extract insights from big data through predictive analytics and data mining, and use those insights to make strategic business decisions, enhance customer value and increase profitability.
The concentration covers all aspects of business analytics, including business intelligence, data mining, and big data. ISBA students will become skilled at creating systems that allow organizations to effectively use data and quantitative models to solve critical business problems and take advantage of new business opportunities. Graduates can expect successful careers as business analysts, data analysts, managers, and subject matter experts.
Pursuing the ISBA concentration allows you to:
- Combine business knowledge with technology skills - Bridges the gap between business and technology.
- Acquire real world experience - Develop your consulting skills by working in teams to solve business problems for client organizations.
- Choose how much ISBA you want - Combine ISBA with finance, marketing or management, or specialize exclusively in ISBA.
- Be part of a dynamic profession - Launch your career in the high growth and high paying information systems and business analytics industry.
- Study at one of the top-business schools in New York - UAlbany is one of only three dual-AASCB-accredited SUNY Business schools.
Career Counseling and Networking
ISBA faculty and School of Business staff will help you find jobs through network companies and consulting firms. As part of the business administration major, the ISBA concentration at UAlbany sets you on a path for employment in business and technology-related positions such as:
- Chief information officer (CIO) and CEO
- Technology vice presidents
- Project leader/manager
- Networking/communications consultant
- Systems or business analyst
Next, view the ISBA courses available and our Admissions section if you are ready to enroll in one of New York's top business schools.