Mission, Vision & Strategy
To be an innovative contributor to the business and accounting professions through the discovery, communication and application of knowledge. To do so by means of Faculty intellectual contributions, undergraduate and graduate degree programs, non-degree education, and business community involvement. To do so in a way that promotes ethical, inclusive, globally oriented and engaged business citizenship.
To be and be recognized as the leading public business school in the northeastern United States and a national leader in the application of information science to business and accounting.
To honor the mission and pursue the vision, we adopt a strategy defined by the following characteristics:
- A strong Faculty engaged primarily in discipline-based research, with a secondary emphasis on contributions to practice and learning and pedagogical research.
- A core research oriented Faculty complemented by teaching specialists in basic skills subjects and current business professionals in applied subjects.
- A focus on students through strong career development activities and engaged learning activities.
- Restricted undergraduate majors in business and accounting focused primarily on the junior and senior years and designed to serve the northeast region.
- Selective graduate and undergraduate programs designed to serve the licensed profession of accounting in the northeast region.
- Selective full-time graduate programs in information science related business disciplines designed to serve a national market.
- Doctoral education designed to complement faculty research and serve national markets in our various areas of research expertise.
- Selective general management graduate programs for working professionals in the Capital Region.
- Engagement with the community through graduate and undergraduate student projects, and through institutes designed to benefit the community through improvement of business practice.
- To be excellent in what we do, and recognized for that excellence.