As a student in the School of Business Weekend MBA Program, you will earn a total of 48 credits over the course of 21-22 months. Most classes will be held at our Executive Education Center in Albany, NY. Because you will be enrolled in a tightly scheduled executive-level MBA program, there is little flexibility in missing classes or the international trip. (See Program Overview for a schedule description.)
Likewise, because the Weekend program is a cohort program, waivers are usually not allowed for any coursework previously completed. All students begin and complete the program together.
Many of the courses taught in the program are organized into functional blocks. For example, Quantitative Analysis and Operations Management are taught together to allow for synergy between the two topics. You can view detailed course descriptions here.
Skills: 1 Credit
- BMGT 523-Presentation Skills, 1 credit
Foundations: 12 Credits
- BACC 518-Accounting for Managers, 3 credits
- BFIN 515-Economic Analysis, 3 credits
- BITM 513-Quantitative Analysis, 3 credits
- BMGT 513-Organizational Behavior, 3 credits
Functional Applications, 15 credits
- BFIN 525-Financial Management, 3 credits
- BITM 514-Operations Management, 3 credits
- BITM 522-Information Technology Management, 3 credits
- BMGT 514-Human Resources Management, 3 credits
- BMKT 522-Marketing Management, 3 credits
Integration: 8 Credits
- BMKT 675-International Business, 3 credits
- BMGT 682-Strategic Management, 3 credits
- BITM 512-Data Management for Organizational Success, 2 credits
Electives: 9 Credits
Three courses are chosen by program administration each year for Weekend MBA student electives.
Research: 3 Credits
- BFIN, BITM, BMGT or BMKT 698 Research Project
Total Credits: 48
Use the links in the Learn More About box to learn about possible financial awards available, attend an upcoming information session, or begin your application.
For specific questions, feel free to contact Program Director Don Purdy at (518) 956-8381, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at @UAlbanyMBA.