How do you determine if the Weekend MBA Program is a good fit for you? Here are some key parameters:
- Career Experience. Many of our part-time executive-level MBA students are mid-career (15 years on average) and some are highly accomplished. However, we also welcome motivated students wishing to switch into business as long as they have at least three years of work experience, the motivation to excel, and the willingness to devote themselves to their studies.
- Industry/Organizational Backgrounds. We work with students from every industry and every type of organization, including:
- Major for-profits
- State and federal government agencies
- Small and entrepreneurial organizations
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Geographic Origin. The schedule permits students to come to UAlbany from all over New York State and from surrounding states as well. For those commuting from out of the area, we have worked out discounted rates at a number of Capital Region hotels. The majority of our executive-level program cohort comes from the greater Capital Region in New York (Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga, Rensselaer, and surrounding counties).
- Study Goals. To be accepted into the Weekend MBA program, you must be:
- Highly motivated
- Committed to work hard at your program of study
- Ready to build a solid business foundation that will make you a more well-rounded executive
- Academic Standing. You must have completed a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, but it does not have to be in business. Some of our students have already completed graduate degrees, including doctorates. You must be able to demonstrate ability in reasoning and analysis, and communicate your ideas clearly.
- Diversity. Our students come from diverse study and career backgrounds. Most cohorts include multiple ethnic and religious backgrounds.
Take a look at some profiles from recent Weekend MBA program students and alumni. We will be adding more over time, to help you get a feel for the kinds of people you will be studying with.
For specific questions, feel free to contact Program Director Don Purdy at 518.956.8381, at email@example.com, or at @UAlbanyMBA.