Weekend MBA Program Overview
The Weekend MBA Program will dramatically expand your business knowledge and heighten your leadership capabilities. The value leader among executive MBA programs in New York, the program is offered by the University at Albany’s AACSB-accredited School of Business in cooperation with eight regional chambers of commerce.
Motivated career professionals from every industry and profession enroll in our Weekend MBA to learn best business practices and acquire the tools, knowledge, and strategies to advance in their careers. Over 22 months, you will complete the 48 credits required to earn your MBA, working with a cohort of no more than 35 students. Between late August and early July, you meet with your cohort every other week on Fridays (2:00 pm – 8:30 pm) and Saturdays (9:00 am – 4:30 pm) at our Executive Education Center located in Albany, NY where you will be supported with:
- Outstanding instruction by well-regarded faculty
- Incredible networking opportunities and knowledge transfer within your cohort
- Cutting-edge classroom learning technologies and high-speed wireless Internet
- Administration to take care of virtually all of your needs, from enrolling in courses and registering your vehicle to obtaining textbooks and course materials for each class
- Sumptuous, catered meals and snacks
- A very customer service-centric approach to the delivery of executive education
You will also complete a week-long international trip in the summer between your first and second years to learn about global concepts and practices directly from foreign leaders. 2016 will take us to Warsaw and Krakow in Poland! Previous “ports of call” have included:
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Dublin, Ireland
- Budapest, Hungary
- Santiago, Chile
- Beijing, China
- Munich, Germany
- Chennai/Delhi, India
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Lima, Peru
Students are required to participate in the international trip and, apart from emergencies, to commit to attend and be on time for all classes. Due to the cohort nature of the program, course waivers are not permitted.
Look at the comparative costs of New York state EMBA programs.
For specific questions, feel free to contact Program Director Don Purdy at 518.956.8381, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at @UAlbanyMBA.