Two separate scholarship programs are available to incoming and current students for the Weekend MBA Program at the University at Albany’s School of Business. Both are based upon academic merit and financial need.
1. Chamber of Commerce Award Program. Available if you or your employer belong to one of these chambers of commerce:
- Adirondack Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Albany-Colonie Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Bethlehem Chamber of Commerce
- Guilderland Chamber of Commerce
- Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce
- The Chamber of Schenectady County
- The Chamber of Southern Saratoga County
- You must be employed by or own a business that has been a member of a participating chamber for one year prior to your award application. Chamber dues must be paid before any awards will be made.
- You must submit a completed Chamber Application (.pdf)
- You must submit a letter of support from your employer, which needs to reference the company’s tuition reimbursement policy in addition to verifying your annual salary. If the employer does not verify your annual salary, you must include a copy of your most recent W-2.
- The relevant chamber of commerce may require you to submit other information to help them decide whether to support you for the award.
- All application materials should be sent to the chamber you belong to before the July 31 deadline.
- The chamber of commerce personnel will forward all applications, employer support documentation, and a letter of support from the chamber president or a chamber staff representative to the Weekend MBA Program for review.
2. Non-Chamber Award Program. For students who have outstanding academic credentials and financial need, but do not meet the chamber of commerce membership requirement.
- You must submit a completed General Award Application (.pdf) with a letter of support from your employer.
- The employer support letter needs to reference the company’s tuition reimbursement policy in addition to verifying your annual salary. If the employer does not verify your annual salary, you must include a copy of your most recent W-2.
- Awards are for one academic year only. You may re-apply for an additional year of funding beginning in April of your second year. If your employer has changed by that time, new employer support materials must be submitted.
- You must complete the application in full to be considered for an award. The Weekend MBA Program must receive complete applications, including all supporting documentation, by July 31. All award recipients will be notified shortly thereafter.
- Award applications will not be accepted if you have not yet applied to the Weekend MBA Program.
All application materials for this program should be sent directly to:
Donald G. Purdy, M.A., Director
University at Albany Weekend MBA Program
1400 Washington Avenue
Business Building 203A
Albany, NY 12222
For specific questions, feel free to contact Don at (518) 956-8381, at email@example.com, or at @UAlbanyMBA.