University at Albany’s School of Business offers the Full-Time MBA program for college graduates who seek an understanding of and entrée into the world of business. If you recently earned your baccalaureate degree and want to continue your studies and enhance your knowledge before entering the workplace, or have been in the workplace and want to make a career change, this is the right MBA program for you. As a full-time MBA student, you will:
- Enjoy the benefits of study with a small cohort of students, with small class sizes and close working relationships between students and faculty.
- Receive plenty of guidance and individualized attention from the program director, a guidance counselor, your professors, and our career services staff.
- Gain a well-rounded foundation in the essential competencies of business administration: finance, accounting, marketing, operations, human resource management, information technology, and business ethics.
- Work closely with committed faculty who are deeply involved in groundbreaking research and in the trade societies in their fields.
- Have access to our vital global network of alumni and business partners for internships, special projects, and job placement.
- Earn a degree from one of only three universities in New York, and only 260 in the world, to hold dual AACSB accreditation. Our MBA programs are also consistently top-ranked by The Princeton Review.
You will graduate ready to build an exciting career in the fast-changing global business market.
Full-time MBA students can also choose to undertake one of two key concentrations:
- Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS). One of the biggest challenges facing companies today is sourcing, developing, and managing human capital -- the lifeblood of the future of every enterprise. The courses required for our HRIS concentration place special emphasis on the information systems and is a specialty at the heart of all programs in University at Albany’s School of Business. Training in HRIS will equip you to assume key roles in this vital field. For more information, you can contact the MBA-HRIS Program Director, Professor Richard Johnson by calling (518) 956-8371.
- Information Technology Management. While every MBA student at the University at Albany School of Business gains a thorough understanding of the role of information systems in the successful enterprise, students can also choose to take more high-level courses to graduate with a concentration in Information Technology Management (ITM). The combination of business administration and ITM training prepares students to assume essential roles in their companies.
How to Proceed
The Learn More About links on this page will guide you through the details of our Full-time MBA Program. Learn more about the concentrations available within the program. Get more details by attending an information session. After you’ve looked things over, please visit our Admissions instruction page , for guidance on the process and links to the University at Albany Graduate Admissions website.