Full-Time MBA Concentration in Human Resource Information Systems
The University at Albany HRIS specialization is designed to prepare you to be a highly competent manager, technologically savvy HR professional, or HRIS professional. In the University at Albany’s trail-blazing MBA HRIS concentration, you will gain cutting edge knowledge on how you can use tools such as enterprise systems, cloud computing, Web 2.0, social networking, and human resource information systems (HRIS) to support and manage your employees.
The HRIS Difference
There are many factors that make the HRIS concentration right for you.
- The only program of its type. UAlbany has the only MBA specialization in the nation to broadly integrate technology and human resources. Additionally, we are the only HRIS concentration that is dually accredited by both the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and AACSB.
- Integration of Functional Skills and Software Concepts. The program allows you to become a proficient, and tech savvy, HR professional. In addition, by covering core information systems concepts, and technologies, you are prepared to be an HRIS or change consultant.
- Exclusive opportunity to work with industry software. Students have a unique opportunity to complete projects on leading-edge, and in-demand software such as SAP/SuccessFactor’s cloud-based HR software, Employee Central.
- Gain real world consulting experience. Engage in a real-world, two semester long, consulting project. Previous clients have included corporations such as General Electric, PWC, SEFCU, and SAP, start-up firms such as KCO Resources and Tech Valley Connect, and non-profit and governmental agencies such as the State of New York, the Scotia- Glenville Travelling Museum, and Living Resources.
- Work with professors who are leading HRIS experts. Our professors are among the leading experts in the field of HRIS and have written books and reports for the leading HR professional associations and leading academic journals. Classes are small and the professors are dedicated to your success.
- Networking opportunities with HR leaders. The program offers several opportunities to talk to corporate leaders in human resources and HRIS, and to network with alumni and local business leaders.
Job Opportunities with an HRIS Concentration
A concentration in HRIS allows you to take many different types of roles and jobs within organizations. For example, our recent graduates have taken jobs such as:
||Data QA Engineer
||HRIS Consultant |
||Staff Accountant |
||Systems Analyst |
Placement of our graduates is a high priority for us. You can receive individual assistance with your job search and can work closely with faculty and alumni to find the right position for you. Using a variety of methods including alumni/corporate events, faculty contacts, and social networking, you will have many opportunities to find a great job upon graduation. Our placement rates regularly exceed 70-80%, and for the last three years, we have achieved 100% placement. Graduates have taken positions at well-respected firms such as:
And the HR Industry Keeps Growing!
According to Salary.com and Money Magazine:
- The 4th best job to have in America is a human resource manager
- HR manager jobs are predicted to grow by nearly 25% in the next five years.
- The average starting salary for an HR manager is $62,000.