Your decision to pursue graduate studies is one of the most important of your career. The School of Business at University at Albany recognizes the significance of your investment and offers you an unparalleled suite of degree options including the Master of Business Administration (MBA), Graduate Accounting Degree, Graduate Certificate in Information Security, and an Interdisciplinary Ph.D.
Full-Time and Part-Time MBA Programs for Busy Professionals
The School of Business offers many ways to pursue your MBA. All of our programs:
- Are AACSB-accredited; in fact, we are one of only three universities in New York state and 260 in the world to hold dual AACSB accreditation in both management and accounting.
- Dramatically expand your understanding of how businesses operate in today’s complex, interconnected global environment.
- Give you in-depth insights into the strategies and techniques that transform promising companies into thriving businesses.
- Enable you to understand and apply critical information systems principles into every aspect of business.
- Combine the perspectives of dedicated full-time faculty and working executives from area industries to bring you the optimal blend of theory and practice.
- Employ cutting-edge instructional technologies in modern classrooms.
- Assist you with career connections through our global network of alumni.
- Offer exceptional value – the University at Albany’s Graduate School of Business is ranked by The Princeton Review in the Top 10 for Best Places for Women to Earn their MBA and Top 15 Best Places to Earn an MBA in Management
Most University at Albany School of Business MBA students are working professionals who have already been working in their careers for a number of years and are seeking advancement. Many already have family obligations as well. For this reason, we offer several options to help you fit study into your busy lifestyle:
- Full-time MBA Program. This program is a good fit if you recently earned your baccalaureate degree and want to continue your studies and enhance your knowledge before entering the workplace. Or if you have been in the workplace for awhile, are making a career change, and can take time to invest a full-time classroom and study schedule. We also offer students who want to combine both law and business studies an accelerated JD/MBA program.
- Part-time Evening MBA Program. The flexible Evening MBA program lets you set the pace. Working with our Director of Graduate Student Services, you map out an individualized plan of study that fits your schedule. You can complete your MBA in as few as two or as many as six years.
- Part-time Weekend MBA Program (Executive or EMBA Program). If you have significant work experience and are ready to complete a rigorous course of study to accelerate your career, this 22-month program is for you. You will study with a small cohort of seasoned, ambitious professionals like yourself in our specially equipped Executive Education Center in Albany-Colonie, New York. You’ll also make one exciting pilgrimage abroad with your cohort to gain invaluable insights into global business principles.
- JD/MBA Program in partnership with Albany Law School.Our combined Juris Doctor/Master of Business Administration degree program promotes the integration of business and legal knowledge providing students with the background for a broad range of career opportunities in corporate law, business consulting, teaching, and research.
Other Graduate Programs
Graduate Accounting Programs. Our graduate accounting students are exceptionally well prepared for careers in public accounting. University at Albany students have traditionally achieved a high passing rate for the CPA exam, and are actively recruited by Big Four accounting firms and many other major companies around the globe.
Graduate Certificate in Information Security. As information security threats continue to rise around the world, information security expertise is more valuable than ever before. This 15-credit certificate program will prepare the student to assume positions of vital responsibility in protecting the integrity and security of their organizations’ information assets.
Interdisciplinary Ph.D. A collaborative effort of multiple Schools in the State University of New York, this degree emphasizes research, teaching, and the application of research to practice. Built on the model of the scientist-practitioner, it prepares graduates for both academic and research careers in information science or related disciplines and for higher-level management and policy positions in private and public sector organizations.
How to Proceed
Compare and contrast the graduate program options above and check out our Graduate Course Catalog. If you’ve already been through the site and are interested in visiting or applying, proceed to our Admissions Instruction page for guidance on the process and links to the University at Albany Admissions website.