M.S. in Taxation - 1-year Program
M.S. in Taxation One Year Program – AACSB accredited, CPA-ready
Complete your NYS CPA education requirements through attending the University at Albany School of Business one-year M.S. in Taxation program. The one-year Masters in Taxation Program is designed for individuals with an undergraduate degree in accounting who wish to focus their graduate studies and professional progression in this specialized field of accounting. The program focuses on the methodology of tax research and developing students’ ability to analyze and interpret tax law, regulations, cases and related material. The MS in Taxation program is designed to meet the growing need and demand for tax advisors, consultants, and executives to deal with complex tax considerations involved in virtually every business and financial transaction.
Choosing the University at Albany School of Business M.S. in Taxation Program to achieve your academic and professional success
- In just one year, the M.S. in Taxation program prepares students with an undergraduate degree in accounting to meet the 150 credit hour NYS CPA Education requirements, and more importantly it prepares you to become a highly skilled tax specialist in a wide variety of settings, including public accounting, government, industry and not-for-profit environments.
- Graduates of this program are highly recruited by more than 16 top-tier accounting, governmental and private organizations to locations around the world. Recruiters for these organizations often hold office hours directly in the School of Business in order to meet with students and prospective applicants prior to interviews- providing our students with a tremendous resource and recruiters with direct access to our top level students.
- The University at Albany School of Business has maintained a dual accreditation in Business and Accounting through the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), placing the school in the top 5% of business programs in the world. This distinction ensures that you will receive an education from qualified field experts within a specialized curriculum focused on current and future economic events.
- Small classes and individual attention from experienced faculty in the M.S. Taxation program attract students from a variety of backgrounds including CPAs, attorneys, financial advisors, government agents, private industry professionals and recent college graduates
Setting Expectations – Curriculum and Coursework
The M.S. in Taxation program is a two-semester, cohort-based, full-time program, with admission during the Fall semester only.
Our challenging program offers courses in state and interstate taxation, corporate taxation, partnership taxation, and estate and gift taxation.
The tax program is reviewed by an advisory council composed of experts in the field of taxation including representatives from international accounting firms, industry and the Internal Revenue Service.
Courses required to graduate from this program include:
||Principles of Tax Research
||Taxation of Partnerships
||Seminar in Taxation & Financial Planning
||2 Tax Electives
||2 Accounting Electives
||2 General Business Electives
||Total Graduate Accounting Credits
||Total Program Credits
Let’s Get Acquainted – Ideal Candidates for the one year program
If you have a well rounded resume of extracurricular activities and leadership roles, an excellent academic record – with an undergraduate degree in accounting, and are highly motivated to begin or advance your career in a specialized field accounting and taxation, the University at Albany M.S. in Taxation program is the ideal program for you. We actively seek students from a wide variety of undergraduate accounting programs as well as applicants with previous professional accounting or business experience that have an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Admission to the program requires an undergraduate degree in accounting, or the equivalent (24 accounting credits).
If you are ready to join a highly motivated group of graduate accounting students to further your career and meet the CPA education requirements, apply today online at the Graduate Admissions Office website. There you will be able to apply on-line as well as be provided with instructions and procedures for completing your online application. We look forward to reviewing your application.