M.S. in Professional Accountancy - 1-year program
AACSB accredited, CPA-ready
Complete your NYS CPA education requirements through attending the University at Albany School of Business one-year M.S. in Professional Accountancy program. If you have already earned your undergraduate degree in Accounting, our program will succeed in preparing you for the complex, challenging and competitive world of business and accounting. Our program builds on your undergraduate education with a focus on advanced accounting topics designed to develop a greater degree of accounting knowledge and skill sets necessary for a successful career in public accounting, industry, governmental, and not-for-profit environments.
Choosing the University at Albany School of Business M.S. in Professional Accountancy Program to achieve your academic and professional success
- In one year, the M.S. in Professional Accountancy program prepares you to meet the 150 credit hour NYS CPA Education requirements.
- Graduates of this program are highly recruited by more than 16 top-tier organizations from around the world– whose recruiting teams are often seen in the School of Business conducting mock interviews and visiting with our students prior to formal interviews. Not only have our alumni achieved success in public accounting, many have gone on to become leaders in the community and in the world of business.
- The University at Albany School of Business has maintained a dual accreditation in Business and Accounting through the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), placing the school in the top 5% of business programs in the world. This distinction ensures that you will receive an education from qualified field experts within a curriculum focused on current and future economic events.
- Students learn to work together to develop volunteer committees in order to benefit local communities, develop team-building skills and foster new perspectives.
Setting Expectations – Curriculum and Coursework
Our Professional Accountancy graduate program is a two-semester, cohort-based, full-time program, with admission during the Fall semester only. The cohort-based structure encourages the building of tight knit relationships amongst your peers, as well as with faculty and staff in the School of Business. Courses required to graduate from this program include:
||Financial Statement Analysis
||Advanced Management Accounting
||Contemporary Developments in Accounting Thought
||Research Seminar in Accounting
||Statistical Methods for Forensic Accounting & Assurance
||Financial Statement Fraud & Corporate Governance
||Securities, Markets and Financial Institutions
||Corporate Financial Problems
||1 Graduate Accounting Elective
||1 Graduate Business Elective
||Total Graduate Accounting Credits
||Total Program Credits
Let’s Get Acquainted – Ideal Candidates for the one year program
If you have a well rounded resume of extracurricular activities and leadership roles, an excellent academic record – with an undergraduate degree in accounting, are highly motivated to begin or advance your career in accounting and business, and want to meet the 150 credit hour NYS CPA Education requirements all in one year, the University at Albany MS in Professional Accountancy program is the ideal program for you. We actively seek students from a wide variety of undergraduate accounting programs as well as applicants with previous professional accounting or business experience that have an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Admission to the program requires an undergraduate degree in accounting, or the equivalent (24 accounting credits).
If you are ready to join a highly motivated group of graduate accounting students to further your career and meet the CPA education requirements, apply today [new tab pop-up, not redirected] online at the Graduate Admissions Office website. There you will be able to apply on-line as well as be provided with instructions and procedures for completing your online application. We look forward to reviewing your application.