Graduate Certificate in Information Security
Why Choose this Degree?
Fight cyber criminals, defend against hack attacks, and protect information systems in Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, and government agencies. Completing our Graduate Certificate in Information Security will equip you with the vital tools to accomplish these very tasks. It will also provide you with credentials that will vastly improve job prospects in this fast-growing area.
This Graduate Certificate in Information Security is ideal for you if you are:
- a professional looking to gain more skills or expand your career prospects
- pursuing your graduate studies or
- near completion of your undergraduate degree
You may not realize it, but you don’t need to have a strictly information technology background to get into information security. There are many areas like banking, finance, and health care in which information security is becoming increasingly important. People with physics, engineering and other science expertise have had huge success in information security. If you have a background in law, criminal justice, public policy, accounting, business, psychology, or sociology, this may be a great degree that will allow you to gain additional insights or embark on a new career path.
Great Potential for Future Employment
Information security is a growing industry with extremely high demand estimated in the next several years. Skills are needed not only in technical areas (penetration and intrusions testing & vulnerability assessment), but also in business (written and oral communication, problem-solving, policy-writing, & leadership). Having the ability and desire to learn new things, to think differently, to constantly challenge yourself, and to solve problems will help you have a wonderful career in information security.
With this certificate, you can pursue positions involving:
- information security analysis
- security and forensic auditing
- computer forensic analysis
- incident response
- security policy development
In addition to the UAlbany Career Development Center, Career Services at the School of Business can work with you in refining your resume, preparing you for interviews through mock interviews, and helping you target employment opportunities. We work with several organizations in student recruitment including: Deloitte, Ernst & Young, KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), New York Independent Systems Operator (NYISO), and the Ayco Company, L.P. – a Goldman Sachs Company.
Hands-on, Customizable & Flexible Program
This program has been designed to help you succeed. It provides essentials of information security and the ability to tailor your coursework to your own personal objectives while allowing flexibility with several courses available in online format. Through this program, we provide:
- Integration of real-world experience from partnerships with industry & law enforcement
- Solid foundation in information security and risk management
- Ability to select advanced courses based on your specific interests and future goals
- Practical experience with hands-on laboratory exercises
- Online learning and face-to-face classroom options
- Active interactions between knowledgeable faculty and your peers
- Regular course and program updates and redesign to remain relevant & fulfill industry needs
Find Out More and Apply!
We encourage you to browse through the “Learn More About” box on the right to get more information, such as:
If you have additional questions or need more information, I would be happy to assist you. Please email or call anytime to discuss the program with me.