The School at a Glance
School of Business History
- Fall 2011 enrollments in business and accounting totaled 855 undergraduates (juniors and seniors only).
- In 2011, 98 freshmen were enrolled in our Direct Admit Program.
- Two on-campus Living and Learning Communities, World of Business and World of Accounting, serve incoming freshmen.
U.S. News and World Report has ranked the University at Albany MBA 86th of 448 AACSB accredited schools in the United States, and among the top 10 B-Schools That Lead to Jobs. The MBA boasted a 100% placement rate in 2013.
School of Business Alumni Success
- Accounting: More than 100 partners at Big 4 accounting firms, plus many partners at dozens of regional firms
- Financial Services: Our alumni work for Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Citigroup, Bank of New York Mellon, and the Blackstone Group
- Consulting: Our alumni work for Deloitte, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG, Accenture, GE, IBM Business Consulting and many others
- More than 400 alumni have the title of president, chief executive officer, or chief financial officer
- More than 200 alumni are partners in law firms
Class of 2011
- Average starting salary of business-school undergraduates is $48,400.
- 75% of accounting graduates work for one of the Big 4 accounting firms.
- 25% attend graduate school.
- 90% of domestic full-time MBAs are employed 3 months after graduation.
- Employers include Allstate, Agrion, American Red Cross, the Blackstone Group, BBDO, BBB International, Bloomingdales, Boeing, Care One, CH Robinson Worldwide, CommerceHub, Citigroup, Deloitte, Echo Design Group, Edward Jones, Ernst & Young, Enterprise, FINRA, First Investors, General Electric, Goldman Sachs, ICP Corporation, ID Media, JPMorgan, Katz Media Group, KPMG, Liberty Mutual, Lord Abbett, Merrill Lynch, Momentive, Morgan Stanley, New York State, New York State Assembly, OpenLink Financial, PricewaterhouseCoopers, QuandrantONE, Siemens, State Farm, Unicredit Bank AG, UPS, and Workflow Solutions.
Building Career Success
- Internships: over 60% of our students avail themselves of internships.
- Field projects: all full-time MBAs work in teams on a year-long project in industry; the teams work 10-12 hours each week and are supervised by a School of Business faculty member.
Centers of Excellence
Small Business Development Center
- Supports small startup companies, family-owned enterprises, entrepreneurial ventures, and other businesses with a need for funding, marketing, and management assistance.
- Offers no-cost, one-to-one counseling in developing strategic business plans, identifying appropriate sources of funding, providing market research, management information and financial analysis.
- Provides internship opportunities to students and student group projects within many of the SBDC’s manufacturing and larger client businesses.
- Since its inception in 1984, the UAlbany SBDC has provided business assistance to 17,263 entrepreneurs with 146,948 counseling hours, resulting in more than $224 million in economic investment and 8,586 created or saved jobs. In 2008, the economic investment of UAlbany SBDC clients exceeded $34 million.
Center for Institutional Investment Management
- Established in 2002, CIIM is the nation’s first academic center focused on research and analysis of strategic institutional investing.
- Actively promotes institutional investment management research among faculty and students through research grants, travel support, and the acquisition of relevant academic and practitioner databases.
- Acquired a Bloomberg terminal to afford our finance students the opportunity of performing cutting edge applications in financial analysis