The School at a Glance
School of Business History
In 2016, nearly 1,000 students call the School of Business home. In addition, 156 freshmen are enrolled in our Direct Admit Program. Also for freshman are three on-campus Living and Learning Communities, World of Business, World of Accounting and World of Digital Forensics.
School of Business Alumni Success
- Accounting: More than 100 partners at Big 4 accounting firms, plus many partners at dozens of regional firms
- Financial Services: Our alumni work for Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Citigroup, Bank of New York Mellon, and the Blackstone Group
- Consulting: Our alumni work for Deloitte, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG, Accenture, GE, IBM Business Consulting and many others
- More than 400 alumni have the title of president, chief executive officer, or chief financial officer
- More than 200 alumni are partners in law firms
Centers of Excellence
- Established in 2015, CAUSE works with the community to support businesses with a dual purpose, satisfying both a social and a business mission, as well as helping entrepreneurs create social enterprises.
- Offers conferences, forums, a speaker series, symposia, and workshops to the community and connects UAlbany faculty who conduct research in social entrepreneurship.
- Hosts visitors from around the world to engage in how entrepreneurial activities can mitigate current social problems.
- Developed an online module for a program in the environment and social entrepreneurship and pedagogy materials for educating social entrepreneurs.
- Partners with UAlbany’s Institute of Nonprofit Leadership and Community Development.
- Established in 2002, CIIM is the nation’s first
academic center focused on research and analysis of strategic
- Actively promotes institutional investment
management research among faculty and students through research grants,
travel support, and the acquisition of relevant academic and
- Acquired Bloomberg terminals to afford our finance
students the opportunity of performing cutting edge applications in
- Supports small startup companies, family-owned enterprises, entrepreneurial ventures, and other businesses with a need for funding, marketing, and management assistance.
- Offers no-cost, one-to-one counseling in developing strategic business plans, identifying appropriate sources of funding, providing market research, management information and financial analysis.
- Provides internship opportunities to students and student group projects within many of the SBDC’s manufacturing and larger client businesses.
The Center for Forensics, Analytics, Complexity, Energy, Transportation and Security
- Engages in research on security of complex energy and transportation systems and the Internet of Things (IoT)
Raised over $3 million in research funding in 2016 from IARPA, NSF, NIST, and the U.S. Department of Commerce
- Investigate the impact of user behavior on security practices in organizations as its core mission
- Partners with several regional firms and is developing a Cyber Innovation Laboratory to support innovation in the cyber security and digital forensics space