The School of Business' Development Office mission is to create awareness among our alumni, students, parents, friends, corporations and foundations regarding the School's most important strategic endeavors. Increased awareness of the School’s financial needs generates a greater understanding of, commitment to, involvement in, and financial support for student programs, teaching and research initiatives and capital needs at the School of Business and the University at Albany.
The School of Business Development Office works to identify, educate, and involve alumni, students, parents, friends and corporations/foundations to obtain a mutually beneficial investment that will enhance the student experience, teaching environment and/or research area at the UAlbany School of Business. The School of Business' Development Office is committed to the highest level of donor stewardship, and works to create a long-term relationship that ultimately benefits the donor, the School of Business and the University at Albany.
Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that charity meets the respect and trust of the general public, and that the donors and prospective donors can share full confidence in the School of Business and the University at Albany, we declare that all donors have the following rights:
- To be informed of the School of Business' mission and its capacity to use contributions effectively for its intended purpose;
- To be assured that a donor's gift will be used for the purpose for which it was offered;
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing the School of Business will be professional;
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition, which includes but is not limited to, an official receipt for income tax purposes, recognition in the annual Honor Roll of Donors, and inclusion in School of Business mailings/invitations;
- To be assured of the privacy of all donors and to be assured that information about contributions is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by law;
- To be assured that all on-line transactions and contributions will occur though a safe, private and secure system that protects the donor's personal information;
- To expect the School of Business Advisory Board and the University at Albany Foundation Board of Directors to exercise prudent judgment in their directorial and stewardship responsibilities;
- To be assured that all donors who create endowed scholarships are allowed access to annual statements for their endowed scholarships;
- Donors and prospective donors are entitled to the following upon request:
- A membership list of the School of Business Advisory Board
- A membership list of the University at Albany Foundation Board of Directors
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers from the School of Business and all University at Albany staff, faculty or volunteers.
For further information, please contact William Roller, Director of Development, UAlbany’s School of Business (518) 442-4909 or email@example.com