- Robinson, G.R. 2012. Distributions of Natural Heritage Program communities and their use as surrogates for rare species in New York State Parks. Northeastern Naturalist 19 (Special Issue 6): 115-128. [more...]
- Davis, J.B., and G.R. Robinson. 2012. A geographic model to assess and limit cumulative ecological degradation from Marcellus Shale exploitation in NY State. Ecology and Society 17: 25. [more...]
- Beachy, B.L., and G.R. Robinson. 2008. Divergence in avian communities
following woody plant invasions in a pine barrens ecosystem. Natural
Areas Journal 28: 395-403.
- Madden, S.S., G.R. Robinson, and J.G. Arnason. 2007. Spatial variation
in stream water quality in relation to riparian buffer dimensions in a
rural watershed of eastern New York State. Northeastern Naturalist 14:
- Strong, K.F. and G.R. Robinson. 2004. Acid deposition and Odonate
community structure in eastern New York State. Journal of the North
American Benthological Society 24: 839-852.
- Robinson, G.R., S.N. Handel, and J.H. Mattei. 2002. Experimental
Techniques for Evaluating the Success of Restoration Projects. Korean
Journal of Ecology 25: 1-7.
- Lee, C.-S., H.H You, and G.R. Robinson. 2002. Succession and habitat
recovery in abandoned rice paddy fields in central Korea. Restoration
- Robinson, G.R., N.D. Wright, and I. Peters Robinson. 2001. Land use
history and spatial variability in the beech bark disease. Pages 31-52 in:
M.S. Adams, editor. Catskill Ecosystem Health. Purple Mountain Press,
- Glavanakov, S., D.J. White, T. Caraco, A. Lapenis, G.R. Robinson, B.K.
Szymanski, and W.A. Manniaty. 2001. Lyme disease in New York State:
Spatial pattern at a regional scale. American Journal of Tropical
Medicine and Health 65: 538-535. [Selections reprinted in Public Health
GIS News and Information, May 2002 (No. 46).]
- Robinson, G.R. and Handel, S.N. 2000. Directing spatial patterns of
recruitment in an urban woodland restoration. Ecological Applications
- Robinson, G.R., and J. Zappieri. 1999. Biodiversity policy in time and
space: Lessons from divergent approaches to salvage logging on public
lands. Conservation Ecology, Volume 3, on line (URL:
http://www.consecol.org/Journal/vol3/iss1/art3). Graphic reprinted in
Saving Biological Diversity: Balancing Protection of Endangered Species
- Handel, S.N., Robinson, G.R., Parsons, W.F., and Mattei, J.H. 1997.
Restoration of woody plants to capped landfills: Root dynamics in
engineered soils. Restoration Ecology 5: 178-186.
- Holt, R.D., Robinson, G.R., and Gaines, M.S. 1995. Vegetation dynamics
in an experimentally fragmented landscape. Ecology 76: 1610-1624.
- Robinson, G.R., Quinn, J.F., and Stanton, M.L. 1995. Invasion of
experimental habitat islands in a California winter annual grassland.
Ecology 76: 786-794.
- Robinson, G.R. and Handel, S.N. 1995. Woody plant roots fail to
penetrate a clay landfill liner: Management implications. Environmental
Management 19: 57-64.
- Handel, S.N., Robinson, G.R., and Beattie, A.J. 1994. Biodiversity
resources for ecological restoration. Restoration Ecology 2: 230-241.
- Robinson, G.R., Yurlina, M.E, and Handel, S.N. 1994. A century of
change in the Staten Island flora: Ecological correlates of species losses
and gains. Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club 121: 119-129.
- Robinson, G.R., and Handel, S.N. 1993 Forest restoration on a closed
landfill: Rapid addition of new species by bird dispersal. Conservation
Biology 7: 271-278. Reprinted in Readings from Conservation Biology,
Wildlife and Forests, 1995,
- Robinson, G.R., Handel, S.N., and Schmalhofer, V.R. 1992. Survival,
reproduction and recruitment of woody plants after fourteen years on a
forested landfill. Environmental Management 16: 265-271.
- Robinson, G.R., Holt, R.D., Gaines, M.S., Hamburg, S.P., Johnson, M.L.,
Fitch, H.S., and Martinko, E.A. 1992. Diverse and contrasting effects of
habitat fragmentation. Science 257: 524-526.
- Gaines, M.S., Foster, J., Diffendorfer, J.E, Sera, W.E., Holt, R.D. and
Robinson, G.R. 1992. Population processes and biological diversity.
Transactions of the North American Wildlife and Natural Resources
Conference 57: 252-262.
- Rejmnek, M., Robinson, G.R. and Rejmankova, E. 1989. Weed-crop
competition: experimental designs and models for data analysis. Weed
Science 37: 276-284.
- Robinson, G.R. and Quinn, J.F. 1988. Extinction, turnover and species
diversity in an experimentally fragmented California annual grassland.
Oecologia (Berlin) 76: 71-82.
- Quinn, J.F. and Robinson, G.R. 1987. The effects of experimental
subdivision on flowering plant species diversity in a California annual
grassland. Journal of Ecology 75: 837-856.