Biological Sciences Office
The Department Office is in Room 126 in the Biology Building. We are open normal business hours and are not open evenings. Our dedicated professional staff can help you obtain information about the Department.
Key information and relevant contacts can be found on the web pages or by contacting the appropriate person:
- The Current Bio Students link above will direct students to many relevant web resources.
- Questions about enrolling in a Biology course should be directed to the course instructor; questions about enrolling in courses from other departments must be directed to that department's office or instructor.
- General advising questions should be directed to your advisor, as listed in MyUAlbany.
- Questions on Waivers, Substitutions, Exceptions and Transfer Credit should be directed to Denise McKeon.
- Questions about Human Biology should be directed to the Anthropology Department Office.
- Students interested in undergraduate research should consult the relevant web pages and direct unanswered questions to the Department Office or the faculty liaison, Dr. Robert Osuna.
- Questions about admission to the BS in Interdisciplinary Studies: Faculty-Initiated concentration in Biochem/Molecular Biology should consult with the Concentration Director,, Dr. Robert Osuna.
- Prospective Grad students can direct questions to the Department Office or the Chair of Graduate Admission, Dr. Greg Lnenicka.
- Current Grad Students can direct questions to the Department Office or the Chair of the Graduate Programs Committee, Dr. Ben Szaro.
- Questions and issues with University computers within the Department can be directed to the Department's Technology Coordinator, [Position Vacant]; questions about student's personal computers, about email, or about computer accounts should be directed to the ITS HelpDesk: consult the ITS web pages, go to or phone the ITS HelpDesk in LC27 (442-3700) or submit a question to the HelpDesk. Answers to frequently asked questions may be available online at askIT.
Office & Administrative Staff
Chair: Richard Cunningham
Department Office: email
Stark, Caren, Administrative manager
Office Phone:(518) 442-3441,.....Rm 126
Joanne Baronner, Secretary I
Office Phone:(518) 442-4337,.....Rm 127
Roberts, Neketa, Keyboard Specialist I
Office Phone:(518) 442-4300,.....Rm 126
Department Committee Chairs
Ben Szaro, Graduate Programs
Greg Lnenicka, Graduate Admissions
Daniel Wulff, Undergraduate Programs
Denise McKeon, Undergraduate Advising