Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex,
and Ally Association
Contact: Courtney D’Allaird
The University at Albany Alumni Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, and Ally Association, known as the UALGBTQIA, provides the opportunity for networking opportunities and maintenance of friendships for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, and Ally Alumni, as well as opportunities to be involved in the Alumni Association.
The goals of this group are:
1. To develop and maintain a community of LGBTQIA UA alumni, faculty, staff and friends through both professional and social networking opportunities at the University at Albany and beyond.
2. To contribute as advocates for a non-discriminating and diverse academic, living and working environment for all people at the University at Albany
3. To contribute to the growth, inspiration and empowerment of current LGBTQIA students through mentorship and scholarship support.
4. To sponsor educational programs for UA students that feature the expertise of distinguished LGBTQIA alums.
5. To use the resources of the members of this group to attract further participation in alumni events; foster giving; and create a voice representing all LGBTQIA students, faculty and staff of UAlbany.