The University at Albany/Albany Law School Affiliation
In Fall 2015, the University at Albany and Albany Law School created an affiliation designed to:
- Deepen its existing relationship,
- Develop new academic programs,
- Create a more collaborative research environment,
- Discover new sources of grant funding, and
- Shape novel areas of learning while cultivating cross-disciplinary pedagogy and scholarship to recruit and retain students at both institutions.
The affiliation is also intended to advance the Capital Region’s role as a leader in higher education and innovation by creating powerful synergies to tackle issues critical to the local community, New York State and the increasingly complex world.
The partnership has produced exciting collaborative academic programs, expanded services for students, and resulted in operational resource-sharing and cost savings.
For results of the first year of the affiliation, see the 2016 Steering Committee Report.
For more information please see the Affiliation FAQs
The intention for a formal affiliation was announced in UAlbany's University Hall in Fall 2015.