Free online tutoring for Accounting, Biology, Math, Chemistry and Writing is provided by STAR-NY (Sharing Tutoring and Academic Resources New York Consortium). Other colleges and universities participating are Alfred, Binghamton, Buffalo State, Cortland, Delhi, Morrisville, Oswego, Plattsburgh, SUNYIT, Tompkins-Cortland Community College, Ulster Community College, and University at Buffalo. The colleges and universities hire tutors who can help students from any of the participating campuses.
Schedule of Online Tutoring Summer 2016
- Accounting tutoring for BACC 211 and BACC 222 is available Sunday through Thursday nights 7:00pm - midnight
- Biology tutoring for BIO 120 and BIO 121 is available Sunday through Thursday nights 7:00pm - midnight
- Chemistry tutoring for ACHM 120 and ACHM 121 is available Sunday through Thursday nights 7:00pm - midnight
- Math tutoring for any 100 level Math course as well as statistics courses taught across the curriculum including APSY 210, ASOC 221, AMAT 108 and RCRJ 281 is available Sunday through Thursday nights 7:00pm - midnight
- Tutoring for writing in any subject area is available Sunday through Thursday nights 7:00pm - midnight
Instructions for Working with an Online Tutor
- Email papers, assignments, questions, etc. to email@example.com (papers should be sent as .docx or .pdf). Documents can be sent to this email at any time, but to receive feedback and tutoring a student must enter the online tutoring platform between 7:00pm and midnight Sundays through Thursdays. Refer to the schedule for available subjects each evening. Tutors do not respond or correct work through email correspondence. To receive online tutoring, a student must interact with the tutor in the online platform.
- Open a browser other than Internet Explorer such as Firefox, Safari, or Chrome to log into the tutoring site: www.cortland.edu/asap/online/star-NY_signin.asp.
- Click on the "Sign In Here" link. Enter the information requested.
- Select the room for the subject in which assistance is needed. There may be a wait, as students are helped in the order in which they log on. Tutors will greet students in the chat box area to the right of the whiteboard.
- If you encounter any problems with the website, or have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.