Apply as a Transfer Student
You should apply as a transfer student if you have attended another college or university, even if you were only enrolled for a semester.
The University at Albany welcomes transfer students from across the nation and around the world—and we make it easy to apply. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Check our deadlines. UAlbany makes transfer admission decisions on a rolling admissions basis. For priority consideration for the Spring semester, submit your application by December 1. For priority consideration for the Fall semester, submit your application by July 1.
2. Submit the Part I Application. We encourage you to apply online using the Common Application or the State University of New York (SUNY) Application. If you would prefer to apply on paper, you may download the application form. Submit the US$50 fee with your application, or request a fee waiver. Students who were previously enrolled at the University at Albany should not submit an application, but should contact the Department of Withdrawal and Readmission at (518) 442-5821 for the appropriate paperwork and procedures.
3. If you applied using the SUNY Application, submit the required Part II application. Transfer applicants who apply through the SUNY Application must complete the required Part II application online or download a paper version. Transfer applicants who apply through the Common Application submit their supplemental information directly through the Common Application.
4. Submit official transcripts of all college-level work. All transfer applicants must submit official transcripts of all work taken at any college or university, whether or not they expect to receive transfer credit. If you've completed fewer than 24 transferable college credits, you'll also need to submit an official high school transcript and your SAT or ACT scores. Please note: all enrolled transfer students will need to supply
an official high school transcript with graduation date or the
equivalent before the start of classes. Transcripts can be sent directly to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University at Albany
1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, New York 12222
UAlbany also participates in e-transcripts. If you’ve completed college-level work at a participating
5. If you are applying to the College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
e-transcript institution, you may request to have your official transcript sent electronically from your institution directly to UAlbany.
, complete and submit the application essay
- Admissions Requirements
- Transferring Credit
- Mid-Semester Grade Report Form
- T-3 Verification Form
- Alternate Major Form (online) (pdf)