Congratulations on your acceptance to the University at Albany!
The following information will help ensure a smooth transition to the University.
To reserve your place in the Spring 2014 entering class, pay your $150 enrollment deposit as soon as possible, but no later than the date in your acceptance letter.
Shortly after your enrollment deposit is posted to your account, you will receive a postcard directing you to our Welcome Website. The Welcome Website contains important information about advisement, orientation, campus housing, health requirements, financial aid, and more.
Items that can be completed prior to paying your enrollment deposit:
- Financial Aid – If you haven’t already done so, file the 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.ed.gov. Be sure to use UAlbany’s Federal school code of 002835. Also, be sure to follow up on any additional requests for information from the FAFSA processor, New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (NYHESC), or UAlbany.
- Choosing Classes – Beginning November 15, 2013, review the New Freshman Academic Advisement website and carefully create and submit your Course Request Form. When you attend Orientation, you will meet with your professional academic advisor and finalize your Spring 2014 schedule.
Items that can be completed once you pay your enrollment deposit:
- MyUAlbany & UAlbany Mail Account – Once your enrollment deposit is posted to your account, Information Technology Services (ITS) will send your six-digit PIN number to your personal email address. When you receive your PIN, go to MyUAlbany and select Password Set/Reset to activate your MyUAlbany and UAlbany Mail accounts.
- Orientation – All students are required to attend New Student Orientation. The Spring 2014 Freshman Orientation will be held on January 21, 2014. During Orientation new students will meet current students and University Staff, become familiar with resources on campus, and create their academic schedule. Registration will begin November 15, 2013. To register, follow the steps listed at albany.edu/welcome. All incoming students are required to pay a New Student Programs Orientation fee of $95 that will be posted on the student’s E-Bill. This fee covers all costs associated with Orientation as well as resources available to students during the academic year.
- Campus Housing – The Spring 2014 housing application will be available through MyUAlbany on November 15, 2013. Once you’re logged into MyUAlbany choose “Campus Life,” then click the housing application on the left hand side. You will also need to pay the $125 housing deposit online by selecting the “Deposits” tab on epay.albany.edu.
Other items of note:
- Health Center Requirements – All students taking 6 credits or more must submit a completed Required Immunization and Health Information Form along with supporting Immunization documentation prior to the start of Spring 2014 classes. Visit the Health Center’s website or more information and to obtain this form.
- Health Insurance – All full-time (12 credits or more) registered domestic undergraduate students are automatically billed for UAlbany’s Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), unless proof of comparable coverage is submitted and approved. Any student who owns or is included under a parent/guardian health insurance plan may “waive out” of enrollment in UAlbany’s SHIP during the open waiver period online at albany.edu/ship/index.shtml. You must be registered for at least 12 or more credits before submitting a waiver.
- Financial Aid – Review your financial aid award on MyUAlbany and accept, reduce, or decline your financial aid. You may be required to complete additional steps, so check “Important Notices” on MyUAlbany frequently. If you are a New York State resident, complete the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application or check the status of your application at hesc.ny.gov. Be certain to use UAlbany’s college code for TAP (0895).
- Bills & Payments – The University does not send paper invoices. Email notification will be sent to your UAlbany email account when your E-Bill is ready to be viewed. After you register for classes, the first Spring 2014 E-Bill will be issued on or about December 20, 2013, and will be available for viewing on epay.albany.edu. You will need your Net ID and Password to log in and view your invoice. On Epay, you can set up an authorized user to view and pay your E-Bills for you, sign up to receive important text message notices, set up an e-refund account to receive credit balances electronically, and enroll in a payment plan.
- Final Official Transcript – All enrolled freshmen must submit an official high school transcript (or equivalent) verifying high school graduation to Undergraduate Admissions before the start of Spring 2014 classes. If you intend to receive credit for AP exams, IB or college-level courses, official score reports and/or college transcripts should be forwarded to Undergraduate Admissions as soon as possible.
Two ways to submit your enrollment deposit:
1. Pay online via credit card at albany.edu/admissions/deposit. A username and password are not required to pay your admissions deposit on this site.
2. Mail your deposit transmittal form and check or money order made payable to the University at Albany, with the student’s name and Albany ID number clearly indicated, to:
Campus Center 26
University at Albany
Albany, NY 12222